Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to learn Flash?

Default Best way to learn Flash?

I'm not a web design expert, but I have some ability with html and have done programming and was wondering how best to learn the Flash programming language.

I'm pretty tired of boring plain text links everywhere and it would probably be cool to have some animated menus and such and Flash is probably good for that, no?

Also, I've seen those Flash games out there, could you do something pretty elaborate with Flash in game programming?? If so, I really want to learn this now. :lol:

Any tips, suggestions would be helpful. How did you get started with Flash? What should I download? I have experience with C/C++ and VB 5, would that be of any help to me in learning and exploring Flash?

www.flashkit.com
    what the greatest site for me as a newb...
    excellent resources..and tutorials...
    hope this helps

Thanks for the link.

I'm going to check it out more fully when I get a chance, but from the look of just the front page, looks like a ton of info here.

Cool deal. Thanks again. :)

Animated links could get annoying. Anyways, Flash is rather easy to learn, I learnt most of it from their Actionscript guide and the rest is guessing and testing. But it's astonishing how many people out there can't play .swf files, keep that in mind.

Actionscript is almost like javascript. You can have an empty .fla and include your .as and get a really clean .swf ;)

Many tuts on www.actionscript.org

Default The best!

Hey! The best Flash Maker program this : Macromedia Flash MX 2004!

Easy use, great program

check it

www.macromedia.com

Good luck! ;)

Default Re: can i..?

Can I use Flash on my site. (my site si hosted here on bizhat.com)????

actually flash has a introductory tutorial that comes with thesoftware itself. It's pretty good to pick up basics

you can make pretty simple animated menu's buttons etc using simple javascript and normal HTML

keep that in mind..websites don't have to be flash to be any good

As most people already mentioned - it can get annoying! It's like those people who put a thousand useless GIFs on their site thinking it makes it look good....

Plus, given that you currently only have 11 posts, keep in mind you don't have too much bandwidth to play with right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast