Thread: Video cards

Default Video cards

Hey, I was wonder what good videos are out there. I need a good 8x card that will run doom 3 on medium with around 30+ fps. I was thinking of getting a Geforce fx5600 256mb, but I dont know if they are good. I can only spend no more than 200 dollars so I am very very limited. Thnx for any advice.

Well right now im using NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 it's pretty good and it costs about 120+ you can find special edition 10% faster than usuall that's the one i have.

Here is a pic:

u can get a good graphics card for a cheap price these days
    just look around on www.newegg.com or something
    and plz get one of those which comes with game
    u will like those offers

I think that u should get radeon9600xt or try to get 9800se\256bit with working rendering pipes's

it all depends how much you want to spend... i have a 3rd party (underclocked) cheap version of the Radeon 9600 pro by Powercolor, and i can push about 30 most of the time with AA and AF turned off. it will slow down to 20 occasionally when things get really toasty, I.E 2 hellknights and a mancubus along with some imps all charging me at once. however, if you want to spend a little more, either get a Radeon 9800 pro, a 9600 XT, or for something a little newer, get an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT, which is the best out of the three, but won't dent your wallet. In fact, it's cheaper then a (official ATI) 9800! :o