Thread: Electrical safety tips

Default Electrical safety tips

Install safety equipments for Earth leakage/Over load and Short circuit protection.

Please see that wiring of your premises is done through licensed electrical contractor only as per rules.

Follow up / observe all safety precautions to avoid electrical accidents.

Use always ISI mark appliances, equipments, cables, wires, switches, protective devices etc.

Make any construction by keeping clearance from electrical lines as prescribed in relevant act/ rules.

Use proper capacity fuse wire and ensure healthy earthings at the your premises.

In case of any fault / damage in our electrical lines / equipments, please inform local office immediately and don't touch any live part thereof.

In case of electrical accident, turn off supply and remove person from circuit immediately. immediately. Shift person to hospital and mean while give artificial respiration and primacy treatment.

Advice kids for not to climb kites from electrical lines or supports in any circumstances and to fly kites in open area away from electric lines.

Keep away yourself, kids & your animals from electrical lines, supports, stays etc.

Please keep yourself away from making illegal connections by "Langariya" strictly.

Use rubber hand glows while work with electrical circuits / equipments.

Always keep fire extinguishers in order in residential complex / commercial complex / factories.

Ensure that supply is turned off in case of repairing / replacing lamps or appliances.

Use separate and insulated earth wire.

Keep plugs from away of children's reach. Don't keep plugs open.

Please connect all appliances / equipments by 3 pin plug - sockets.

Assume each circuit live until it is tested and confirmed that it is dead.

Install main switch, Earth Leakage Circuit Breakers, fuses and any protective devices at easily accessible place so it can be turned off in case of any emergency.

Educate your children for not to play with plugs, sockets, wires or other electrical equipments.

Many water purifiers have a direct connection with tap or pipes that are used to fill the container. This leads to a lot of wastage of water and the accumulation of water on platforms if you have a small hose connected to the water purifier. I have an OTG and a mixer blender placed on my platform, once such an incident spoilt my mixer as water was collected under the mixer which I didn't notice even after cleaning the platform.

I would recommend to read which water purifier is best for home, understand your needs and install the right water purifier with containers and taps.