Thread: First 'google phone' to debut september 23

Smile First 'google phone' to debut september 23

First 'google phone' to debut september 23

San Francisco: A mobile telephone tailored to run on Google's Android software is to debut next week in New York City.

US telecom carrier T-Mobile is slated to unveil on September 23 a "Google phone" built by Taiwanese firm HTC and to have the device for sale in stores as early as October.

Google is hoping Android will become the dominant operating system for mobile phones. It is designed to improve the speed and quality of using the Internet on handsets.

Android is being developed as an "open source" platform, meaning anyone is free to use the technology to make mobile telephones compatible with the networks of multiple carriers.

Google announced Android plans late last year and analysts reacted by saying it could potentially transform the mobile telephone market by providing service supported by advertising instead of subscription fees.

"We are seeing a number of technology companies demonstrating how Android will operate on their technology," Google spokesman Barry Schnitt told AFP at a Mobile World Congress gathering in Spain early this year.

"Clearly momentum is building." Google announced a 34-member group called the "Open Handset Alliance" in November of 2007 to develop Android, including China Mobile, HTC, Intel, Motorola, Qualcomm, T-Mobile, Telefonica, LG and eBay.

ARM, Marvell, Texas Instruments, Qualcomm, NEC, ST Microelectronics were reportedly among companies that demonstrated Android phone prototypes at Mobile World Congress.

It's nice update.
    I got my lg1600 which i unlocked it from the site Wicked Unlock.com- Unlock Your Phone

unlocking phones is the way to go. iphones unlocked can do so much more if u open up the code :D