Thread: Nano technology to make computers faster

Smile Nano technology to make computers faster

Nano technology to make computers faster

New York: Scientists have developed a new nano technology which they claim will help make computers smaller, faster and more efficient. A team at California University has created a way to make square, nanoscale, chemical patterns that may be used in the manufacture of integrated circuit chips "as early as 2011" - it is called block co-polymer lithography. They have also built a process for creating features on silicon wafers between five and 20 nanometres thick.

"For the future we need more powerful microprocessors that use less energy. And, if you can shrink all these things down, you get both. You get power and energy efficiency in one package. "We've come up with this new blending approach, called block co-polymer lithography, or BCP. It essentially relies on a natural self-assembly process. "Just like proteins in the body, these molecules come together and self assemble into a pattern. And so we use that pattern as our lithographic tool, to make patterns on the silicon wafer. "Using this technique, the size of the features is about the same as that of the molecules. They are very small, between five and 20 nanometres," Craig Hawker, who led the team, said.

Accessibility wise, the monitor, keyboard cannot be made smaller :roll: However, the technology is rapidly getting enhanced :).

Send me also about this because i want itz

Quote Originally Posted by vadivetgarasan View Post
    Send me also about this because i want itz
    What are you requesting to send?

thnks you Very much