Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who has experience in internet phone

you mean "Skype" ? it has good features but its a little slow.

"Skype" I think the priece is higher than other.If you want me to help you in china please give me a E-mail or call me.

I've gone to the site and it is not all that well designed.

I good designed site will mean that you will get more repeat visitors and have a higher chance of getting sales.

Your site is low in original content and is mainly full of images and ads.

But then I guess everybody has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dBlast
    vijey, one thing: I suggest you to get a dictionary next time you updat your site, because no one will trust a website and do business with it if they don't have a proper language use.

Default skype...it's okay

I have been using skype for a few months, and the price isn't bad ($0.03 per min within US). I won't throw away my mobile, but when you're on the computer doing work, having the ability to put on the headset and make a few calls to friends or family is pretty handy. No initial cost to join or contracts, and mins don't go away, so hard to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jgodse View Post
    Hi.

I know a bit about internet telephony. Technologically, it is enabled by ubiquitous high-speed internet access (e.g. 128 kb/sec and more), improved routers, and more powerful personal computers.

IP telephony has a business advantage over regular telephony in that IP traffic is not tariffed to a fine granularity. e.g. your access rate (e.g. 128 kbits/sec) limits how much traffic you can run. Therefore IP telephone calls can be free.

Where IP telephony starts to cost is when you want to call between an IP phone and a non-IP phone. Then you must go through a gateway, and that is where they ding you for $$$. Also, if you want your IP phone to have a "real" phone number, you must pay about $5 per month to the PSTN gateway provider for the privelege. That is why most VoIP providers (e.g. Vonage) have a fairly high monthly rate, but have virtually free long distance service.

IP telephony is fantastic because it will force incumbent phone services a competitive incentive to either reduce fees, or to provide better service or better service bundles.

IP phone service also has some interesting possibilities with web service providers. There is an open-source Linux-based IP PBX called Asterisk (www.asterisk.org) which can run a VoIP PBX. What is interesting is that you can do some cool things with it. For example, one fellow has set up a phone number service which you call. Asterisk answers the service, and asks you to type in an ISBN number for a book. Asterisk gathers the digits and calls a SOAP web service script to send a message to Amazon.com to get the price. Once received, it translates the text to speech and reads you the result.

e.g. The possibilities are vast...

Cheers, Jay

Yeah, IP phone service also has some interesting possibilities with web service providers.

I have no experience.

Sell Mobile Phone

Thank~You

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12