Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Windows

28 68.29%
  • 2. linux based

13 31.71%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Linux vs Windows

i dont know how to using linux,i dont know how to install program,so that,i am using windows

I must admit i use more Windows then Linux (i have Win98se & linux : Fedora Core2 installed on my computer), but i'm a strong fan of linux...
    Linux simply owns - it's free , its fast , it's not as bugged , it doesnt hang so often & you cant fck it up like windows (i mean u can when your logged as a root, but ...)
    In the near feature linux will get more & more popular & more people will use it. The instalation & usage is geting simpler each minute & that was one of the only advantages windows had...
    RIP windows :P i wont cry after you :P

My website.

Linux or Windows. It depends on what you want.

Linux is stable, virus-free, secure, depending on distribution (configuration) less latest hardware demanding. It has free office suite OpenOffice / KOffice
    supporting Microsoft office format files, Gimp (Photoshop equivalent),
    Web Browser (Mozilla, Firefox), Email client, PIM, GRASS GIS, CAD, CAM,
    CAE and many other windows equivalents. The wine windows emulator
    supports many windows programs in varying levels. Most the latest and
    greatest windows games don't run in linux. Support for more or less games
    is provided by wine.

Linux is open source OS with source code of kernel and system program
    freely available (gnu.org). It can downloaded freely from web (linux.org).

Windows on other hand is closed, propriety, not freely available from web,
    not as stable, secure as linux. Virus are big problem. But currently most
    of the games are made for it. The software used in IT industry were/are
    made for windows. But now the scenario is changing/changed with
    software being made for linux.
    Windows is more hardware demanding.

http://veera.bizhat.com

Linux is better that it has no bugs, is more stable, etc, but it is also a bit harder to use than Windows. Also there's a lot more software for Windows... I prefer Windows for now...

please help me... i have posted a new topic called linux or win... i'm waiting your replies

As a web application developer, i prefer linux, more stable, and better security. At my workplace i switch from win2k to fedora and I love it.
    For gaming wise, i have no choice but to choose windows as too many games are build for windows.
    Linux are free thats y i support it alot, i hate microsoft but too many application is build on it, therefore im forced to use it

Windows is still the best for its user friendly GUI and games and entertainment.Linux is nowhere near to windows when it comes to gaming.So if you are a serious gamer then better buy WInxp or Win98.
    Linux has an advantage over windows that it has better security than windows.But I think Linux will never replace Windows for home users cause it's user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrasher
    So, is Linux good if you are not a gamer?

Forgive my stupid questions.

I use both operating systems.

Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages. Windows is more user friendly and widespread through the market, making business applications more universal.

However, Linux is faster, and cheaper (usually free). Linux also comes with its own community that you will never find with windows. They are also making programs that are compatible with microsoft programs, like openoffice.org (microsoft office).

I use windows XP but if i did not play games then i would go back to useing linux. Windows XP can be tweaked and secured to an acceptable level and it just has a huge following so everything keeps windows in mind.

i like Bill Gates so i use Windows Xp

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast