Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Samurai

Loved this movie, percect history, loved tom cruise, love him in all his movies! YaYa!

I thought it was an awesome film. It doesn't matter what race or what culture/heritage he's from.... Great storyline except... I didn't understand why they all just rushed in to be mowed down by that gatling gun and left all the women and children alone @ the village. Ohh Well!

Most of your questions revolve around racist thoughts and thoughts that don't matter. It was a VERY good movie that had an excellent story, I just didnt understand why they all went to die and left their families all alone back at their village. That just didn't seem right :\

I thought it was an awesome film. It doesn't matter what race or what culture/heritage he's from.... Great storyline except... I didn't understand why they all just rushed in to be mowed down by that gatling gun and left all the women and children alone @ the village. Ohh Well!

Default Great Film

It was a great film. But that's what it was - a movie. The REAL reason it was produced was to make money for everyone involved. It was not made to be as historically acurate or politically correct as possible - it was filmed to MAKE MONEY. And, we got a good couple hours entertainment out of it. Can't beat that!

hightowerrobotics, I respect your views but you are an idiot. If you actually watched the movie and had more than a room temperature IQ (I'm thinking celcius here people, metric is coming!) all these questions would be answered. Tom cruise is american. There was a fight scene at the end where all the Samurais revolted remember? Or were you to scared to watch the fighting? The guy sounds and looks gay because thats the way he talks and looks, just like you talk and look like an idiot! Who made the movie is regardless, it wouldn't be that much differant anyway.

Ken Watanabe is the "last samurai." Tom Cruise is there to witness it all.

While it's not very accurate, I thought that this film did a good job at protraying the difficulty Japanese society had at the end of the 19th century in finally modernizing... they modernized faster than any other country, and got better at it than the countries they learned from (thus building a war machine that was virtually unstoppable until they attacked the US). The conflict between modern, western ideas and traditional, japanese ideas is very well reflected here, even if the actual details are not very accurate.

SIMPLE AWESOME GUD ONE TO WATCH.

i like this movie.
    can see how the samurai are .

This movie was awesome... I'm so sick of hearing how everything is whitey's fault...Shut up!! This was a good movie... It wasn't whitey's fault that the japanese were killing each other... Money talks and BS walks..that's what this movie is about... Modern technology and money over old ways...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12