Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Samurai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Last Samurai

Somebody answer my question...

"Why is the Last Samurai(A.K.A. Tom Cruise) a White man???"
    Why do all the asian brothas die in the end?
    Why does the Emperor look/sound gay?
    Who made this movie? And was he White in any type of way?

what's your point?? are you implying some sort of racism??

it's a great film, and was probably made to fit a more westernised view - so it would sell to a wider audience... it's just politics of business

you shouldn't be that offended

That sound like something Chris Rock said.

hmm lets see....did you acutally watch the movie????

Tom's character was a US Civil War soldier not japanese. He was brought over to teach the imperial army how to fight the samuari so of course he was white....I don't know how much you know of american history, but there werent very many civil war officers what weren't white if there were any at all.

and as for why all the japanese died in the end, how many battle scenes with only one ethnic group involved have you seen were the dead were of another ethinic groups where werent even in the movie??

I personally saw the movie 5 times in the theater i loved it and was very moved by it.

The last samurai is a great film which focuses on the theme that even your greatest enemies can become your ally, hance, a white man becoming a samurai. But also shows how the old ways cannot combat modern society, hence all the samurai's dying. The character played by tom cruise didnt die as he is the borderline between the modern and the old, although he fought for the samurai he was a general for the modern army.

Default lo0ol

the emperor sounds gay because he's very young... erm, why Tom Cruise is white... I dunno, probably because his parents were white too :P
    and he's the last samurai because the creator of the movie wrote the script like that... btw, it's fiction, there was a war between materialism and samurai, but I can't imagine that someone like tom cruise had a part in that :P

Great movie, its one of my favourite. It really have that SOMETHING :P. For me, it tells the story about a man who had lost the sense of life, and he found it in a place he never could imagine. I wish that this can happen to everyone, not only Tom Cruise :P

Default Re: lo0ol

Quote Originally Posted by cypherxaint
    but I can't imagine that someone like tom cruise had a part in that :P
    In real, there was a American man, who had have something important with this war. But I don't remember what exactly he has done:P But the story is based on facts.

i'm an asian man,but i love this film~

this movie was pretty cool, although at certain points it seemed to be trying too hard to be an "epic," as if tom cruise was just itching to be in an oscar-winning film.

in my opinion, the LAST SAMURAI was ken watanabe's character, the great samurai leader. tom cruise is the one who is able to tell his story (i.e. to the emperor at the end).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast