I dote on Abhishek Bachchan: John Abraham

Mumbai: After "Dhoom", John Abraham teams up with Abhishek Bachchan once again in "Dostana" and says they have developed such an incredible rapport that he simply dotes on his co-star.

"Abhishek is not a co-star or a colleague. He's a friend. I dote on him. I love him to death. We never compete. We complement each other in 'Dostana'. We share a great chemistry. Abhishek and I are a couple in the film," John told IANS.

Abhishek added: "It was wonderful to shoot with John again after 'Dhoom'. It was fun on the sets because we were all friends."

John and Abhishek, who get along like a house on fire on the sets of "Dostana", regret that they had to shoot the "Maa da ladla" music video for the movie separately.

The film is being produced by Karan Johar and is being directed by Tarun Mansukhani.

Mansukhani said it was a conscious decision to have Abhishek and John shoot the song separately.

"They shot individually so the masti of the rest of the movie was missing on the sets. But I deliberately didn't shoot the song with John and Abhishek together. I wanted at least this one song to look different from the rest of the film where they're constantly together, fooling around and chumming it up. This is a music video which we'll use for promotion and probably for the end titles," Mansukhani said.

"The last shoot before this was for the song "Desi girl" where all of us were together. It was so much fun," he added.

"Maa da ladla" was shot Oct 15-17 at Filmistan Studios when producer Karan Johar was away in Los Angeles, location hunting for his next directorial venture.

"I left the song entirely to my director and to the choreographer Feroz (Farah Khan's assistant for 10 years)," Karan said.

While Priyanka Chopra plays the female lead in the film that releases Nov 14, leggy lass Bipasha Basu makes a special appearance in the movie in a song sequence.