Thread: Sorry to be helpless - Could you please help me a bit?

Default Sorry to be helpless - Could you please help me a bit?

Hello everyone,

I am still new to these forums, much less php.

Let explain myself....

I am involved in a Fantasy Football League. Currently, there are 15 of us involved. However, because many of us have moved away from our homes, (in Maryland, US), it's more and more difficult to contact each other about certain aspects of our league. Though we could just use/abuse our eMail accounts, an open forum to discuss things would be so much better!

Aslo, as we expand, newcomers could also look to the forums for reference. That being said, I turned to phpBB2.com

This community provides free "php" templates. However, I am still new to exactly what PHP even is. All that I know is that I have a template ready to go, a registered domain here at BizHat, and alot of eagerness.

So what I am asking [finally - the point] is if anyone can refer me to a very decent site that would explain all of this to me - a complete noob?

I am not asking because I'm lazy, it's just that ever site I go to loses me somewhere and I grow more confused.

Currently, I can/will use the following Software to create and maintain our league's forums:

phpBB forum template
    Microsoft FrontPage XP
    Microsoft Access XP

Thanks for any and all help someone can provide! :D

Hmm... What are you looking for? If you're looking for general information and PHP tutorials, try http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp. If you're looking for help on installing a PHP board (for which you'll need to request PHP support from the admins), try reading the documentation that comes with the files.

Aagh...that link looks like exactly what I was looking for!

I posted in the php activation forum last evening, so we'll see if it's active.

Anyway, thanks for the link!

try xoops. i found it recently myself. it allows you a large amount of modules. http://www.xoops.org/

Default oops

lol wow nice fourm im searous by the way thanks for that i think i may try to run that on my apche sever im running on my site whoo You rock Dude \:d/ ::: does a little Dance::: thanks bro peace :D