Thread: CSS syleing with Dreamweaver!

Default CSS syleing with Dreamweaver!

Greetings,
    i made a comples site usuing css stlying in dreamweaver but when i upload it to the site none of the the efects are there. its just in regular html forman nothing special, non of the borders and non of the colours??

can anybody tell my why?

thx

Say you have a page called "page01.html" and a css file "styles.css" that has to be attached to it

1. In a browser, Click View > Source
    2. Check if there is a link tag in the head tag. Example:
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <link src="" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    </head>
    3. Now if styles.css is in the same directory as page01.html, the link tag shoud read <link src="styles.css" and so on>
    If it's not in the same directory, then you add "../" in the beginning of the styles.css file name in the link tag each time you have to show that the file is oine level up. Example:

page01.html is in Articles folder which is in Pages folder (yourusername.bizhat.com/Pages/Articles/page01.html)
    styles.css in in CSS folder which is in Assets folder (yourusername.bizhat.com/Assets/CSS/styles.css)
    then your link tag on page01.html should read this:
    Code:
    link src="../../Assets/CSS/styles.css"
    Enough for the long intro. All you have to do is links are correct. And put them (corrected if not) on each page you want css to work on.

Hope this helps and not confuses you even more. :)

hmm....that makes alot of sence...i will try that, so i have to make sure that the sourcing is specifing the right locatoin right.

thx