Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera

Default Opera

Does anyone know how they are still going? Does anyone pay for that rubbish? I would be suprised if they make much from adverts!

Opera is good browser. But you need to study how to use it. Now i am using it. I like the features like

1. Tabbed browsing

2. Caching - that is going back to last visited page won't need page read load, this help in case of form submission, etc...

3. Open web pages opened in last session. I can close my opera at any time. Next time it ask me to continue from last session, so i can continue the browsing from where i left.

4. No Auto spyware and other security risk like MS Internet explorer.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    Opera is good browser. But you need to study how to use it. Now i am using it. I like the features like

1. Tabbed browsing

2. Caching - that is going back to last visited page won't need page read load, this help in case of form submission, etc...

3. Open web pages opened in last session. I can close my opera at any time. Next time it ask me to continue from last session, so i can continue the browsing from where i left.

4. No Auto spyware and other security risk like MS Internet explorer.
    yeah I agree with you.
    Opera is really a great browser.
    My brother used it before me, he asked me try it, I tried once, but I didn't get all about it. and I stopped using Opera.
    lator my brother stayed with me for a few days, and he thought me to use Opera. since then, It has been Opera all the time.

I love Opera

(i spanish, i don't speak english)
    Opera -->Good but... Firefox ---> Very very very Goooood!
    IE ---> eeejjjjj

I use Opera, and it is great. I love not having my screen cluttered with IE windows anymore.

Opera is great. I just can't stand IE starting downloads again when they crash - Opera manages resumes

but there is still a lot to do about Opera - there are many bugs in scripts :(

Its better to use all the 3 Browsers. IE, Opera and FireFox. Nothing is perfect.

IE is very good browser. But there is security problems, it allows spywares auto installed on your pc.

Opera - only few problems are it can't open gmail. Displaying web sites are not 100% perfect. Better pop up and image display handling.

FireFox - Web site displayed nearly similar to IE. It can even read Gmail. Tabbled Browsing is good feature. I used it a day. But i though better using Opera as primary and IE as secondary browser.

Browsers are like Drugs...It take time to get addicted. Then u can't stop using them. Now it seems i am addicted to Opera, it started as my secondary Browser. May be if i start using FireFox for some days i will get addicted to FireFox...
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

what is this : application/octet-stream ?????????????? in opera

if you going to use any alternative browser, I'll still recommend you keep IE as your backup browser. IE may be horrible with security, but there's no perfect browser when it comes to security....Firefox maybe a little better with that. But the truth is that IE performs will with all sites. It has a good default when it comes to operating messengers, emails and co.

But I hate IE...well i do have it for backup when I can't use Opera to open some sites like gmail, some flash sites and co. Firefox is nothing greater than IE apart from it's tab interface and some security features. It's like a duplicate of IE with some minor fixes. Well it works faster for others, but I'm too impressed by Opera to go back on Avant, Netscape, Firefox or IE....a couple of month ago i had all of them on my computer.

I currently have Opera, Netscape and IE standing. My primarily has always been the paid version of Opera (that's if you can get your way without paying for it lol).

There's nothing like Opera...and Firefox is just a burning fire that'll soon turn into smokes.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by detonat
    what is this : application/octet-stream ?????????????? in opera
    application/octet-stream is the media type of files to be download.
    It has nothing to do with Opera... :roll:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast