6 28.57%
  • Visual Basic 6

5 23.81%
  • Perl

0 0%
  • Other

4 19.05%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What programming language you use?

lol, okay, i clicked Other, cuz my fav is php, easily... But i also like java, C, and visual basic 6......

But php is definitely my fav! And, sometimes I'll use perl if I need to for....whatever reason... Like, I find perl is best if you want to set up a cron job, and it can connect to other servers like AIM or MSN thru the code if you have the right modules installed on your server.

I normally would try to use C/C++ whenever possible, but I use VBASIC whenever it's a simple program that I need to design out of boredom or as a task... Otherwise, you'd normally see a screen full of C/C++ Coding... :lol:

i use phpnuke,html editors and asp maker. But PHPNuke is the Best..

Quote Originally Posted by victor01
    Why is Java more popular than C++? :?:
    Everyone I asked told me that C++ is much better and powerfu, and some people even think Java is slow because of its compability.
    I've just spent 3 years at university during which we learnt java and have been asking myself (and a few other people) if it was actually worth doing for exactly this reason.

The general feeling is that although C\C++ are far more efficient than Java there is a lot af areas in which this efficiency really isn't necessary - or isn't taken advantage of. One friend worked for 2 years with a games company programming in C++ and even he says that knowing Java is a much better skill to have (he got his job on the strength of it).

It seems as though the market for Java programmers is growing so theres a good incentive to know it - hence part of its popularity.

The other part being that compared to C\C++ Java is a walk in the park to learn. Having learnt both i have to say that for me, although i think C++ is great, if i want to write a program quickly and with the least amount of hassle - i'll pick java.....for most things anyway :)

nexus.

I use C++ as well as VB6. Both are good languages, but C++ is more powerful. ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123