Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Newb Questions

Default Stupid Newb Questions

While our sites are currently down - (no rush admins!) - I figured I'd like to clear up some confusion I have that I can't find elsewhere.

First, when uploading files to your site/server, are you applying useage towards your monthly banwidth limit?

And second, when someone uses an online picture reference for his or her avatar, does that "linkage" also count towards your monthly limit?

Thanks and sorry to be so naive.

No, FTP Uploading does not Go to your webviewing Bandwith But you do Use your File Transfer Bandwith, You have 5 Gigs of that.

so if i wanted to put a 5 mb video on there and it got 10 downloads would that be 50mb of bandwith or am i just understanding it wrong?

Thats correct 50 MB and that would take up your whole File space, and your bandwith would still have 4950 MEgs left to upload and delete files.

You get aloted 50 Megs of File Space. Your bandwith is 10X as much. So guys don't feel that you will lose all your bandwith. Use your website and Bandwith Respectfully and Properly you will be fine.

Bandwidth here is unreal. The amount we get is excellent.
    And all for a couple of posts too...... :)

Ok, upload and linking counts towards your bandwidth. It doesn't count now because cp is messed up and they'll probably fix it, but it will count. Every host I have had paid/free all have counted uploads in bandwidth usage. Linking is bandwidth usage on every single host.

Will our bandwith used be reset when the server comes back online? And i think it would be better if we had 100megs space to start off with

Bkclan your an expensive person :P You know space cost's money.
    I don't know if your Bandwith will restart, wishful thinking though :D Wait until the 1st of Feburary to get new bandwith :D More megs more money the admin and the Service Creators have to pay.

50 Megs is alot of Space, Keep posting and you will get more Megs and space + Bandwith and extra Features by the ammount of posts you have.

Quote Originally Posted by bkclan
    Will our bandwith used be reset when the server comes back online? And i think it would be better if we had 100megs space to start off with
    100 MB is too much nobody would post on the forums then.

Quote Originally Posted by Apak
    Quote Originally Posted by bkclan
    100 MB is too much nobody would post on the forums then.
    Agreed. 100 megs means people would come back when their site has reached it's limit and needs and upgrade. Although, in all fairness, if we had alot to begin with and had php enabled from the get-go, (I'm not suggesting that either), you wouldn't have the same posts over and over again about the same questions. I don't mean to sound harsh, but there is alot of "junk" on these boards because people are too greedy and want more bandwidth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast