Thread: Can I move files?

Default Can I move files?

I just found this problem in my ftp.
    I uploaded all files into wrong directory, and now I can't move any files.
    I read somewhere in this forum that I can't rename files, but don't remember where it states that I'm not allowed even to move them...
    Why not?

Now I need to delete those files and upload them all again, and with my upload connection it takes hours... :(

I have this problem. Sumtimes it does let u delete, others it dosn't. Try makeing sumthing like a 1kb file with the same name and file extension (.hmtl, .txt, or whatever) and upload that and it will overwrite the old file. This won't get rid of the space being wasted, but it will make it a lot lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by utnsclan
    I have this problem. Sumtimes it does let u delete, others it dosn't. Try makeing sumthing like a 1kb file with the same name and file extension (.hmtl, .txt, or whatever) and upload that and it will overwrite the old file. This won't get rid of the space being wasted, but it will make it a lot lot less.
    I haven't got the problem u described. I can delete all files, but I can't move them from one folder to another. For example with "Copy", "Cut" and "Paste" functions.
    I never had problems deleting the files... hmmm...

try with total commander

Quote Originally Posted by starmanian
    try with total commander
    The problem is not in software, it is with permissions on ftp by administrator.
    It says I haven't got permission to move files. So now I just want to know why?