Thread: BizHat....community service?

Default BizHat....community service?

How do these guys make there money?
    Like i mean they gave me 50MB storage, my stupid ISP which i pay a load for every month doesn't even give me that much. So how can they afford to give away all this webspace, without asking anything in return (besides a few posts), is it possible to sign up to bigger paid accounts here? I guess i would if my site got really big, but how much bandwidth does a site normally need? I just asked for mine to be upgraded to a gig i think, something like that. Honestly, i know my site was big before we went into php, but bandwisth was never a hassle. Now with this new php host and phpbb forum i wonder how much bandwidth i'm gonna need?

How about you guys, how much bandwidth do you normally have used up each month? & whats your link to your site so i can check it out it in relation to the size of my site, so i can make a rough guestimation on how much money (or major posting) i'm gonna have 2 start doing to make sure my sites always up & running.

Default Re: BizHat....community service?

Quote Originally Posted by athletesunited
    How do these guys make there money?
    Like i mean they gave me 50MB storage, my stupid ISP which i pay a load for every month doesn't even give me that much. So how can they afford to give away all this webspace, without asking anything in return (besides a few posts).
    By advertisements.
    Have you seen rule 4 when you signed up?

4. Advertisement: We reserve the right to place banners/popups/popunders on your website at any time in exchange for free hosting.

They are promoting traffic generation around their site, bizHat.com.

It's really cool anyway, though, and in my opinion a unique thing on the internet. There's one big problem they should look into, I think.

Their pay hosting packages. Personally, after reading about (and signing up for the free option), I got a very special feeling about this company. You know, I started thinking about how I could give something back to them down the road or something. Therefore I looked at the pay options they offer.

The thing I wanted to see there would be stuff like:

- One time fee upgrade options for the free hosting account.
    - Cheap monthly hosting with more space, and especially traffic.
    - Discounts for paying up for a whole year + domain name. Make something attractive, I'm not sure about the numbers but something reasonable. Like $89 maybe for a year's hosting+domain? This would be very attractive for certain types of buyers, of whom I personally know many.

But looking at their pages I saw what I think are packages in Indian currency with US currency under it. I don't know about the Indian currency, but the US ones didn't look so attractive to me. The page sounded like you get 10 megabytes of space for $10 per month - this makes no sense.

I hope the admins might see my message and fix this when they get time.