Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Added phpBB functionality

Default Added phpBB functionality

I'm using a free phpBB forum on http://meniere.netfreehost.com. Is there any way to upgrade the phpBB functionality to include birthdays and events?

An example for this phpBB hack can be found on http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1898.

Thanks in advance, hope to hear from you guys.

-Bert-
    The Netherlands.

i think you have to Code the PHP Files to install this hack. You know, open NOTEPAD, open the file you have to edit and add the codes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaime_andres
    i think you have to Code the PHP Files to install this hack. You know, open NOTEPAD, open the file you have to edit and add the codes.
    I know what you mean. How do I upload the PHP files to my forum meniere.netfreehost.com?

Bert.

the downloaded files? You upload them or copying them and pasting them on your file manager on the folder you want or by FTP.

the downloaded files? You upload them or copying them and pasting them on your file manager on the folder you want or by FTP.
    Ah, now we are getting somewhere. Where is the file manager, and what code do I need to login? After using the login on http://www.netfreehost.com. it complains that it cannot find my Site URL (which I believe to be meniere.netfreehost.com).... It mentiones Invalid Domain/Password.

Regards, Bert.

yes so far so good, but i think its not meniere.netfreehost.com but meniere.bizhat.com. Its not netfreehost, its BIZHAT. And then out the password you typed when you signed up.

After that, I will tell you what to do.

yes so far so good, but i think its not meniere.netfreehost.com but meniere.bizhat.com. Its not netfreehost, its BIZHAT. And then out the password you typed when you signed up.

After that, I will tell you what to do.
    Sorry, no progress. Still Invalid domain/password

Then you will have to signup again. Or if you still have the Subscription e-mail where your username and password are, then you can use them to login.

Then you will have to signup again. Or if you still have the Subscription e-mail where your username and password are, then you can use them to login.
    Remember, I signed up for a free phpBB board, not a free website. In the confirmation e-mail there is no mentioning of a site URL or a file manager.

Quote Originally Posted by iq62ut36
    Remember, I signed up for a free phpBB board, not a free website. In the confirmation e-mail there is no mentioning of a site URL or a file manager.

Hmm,...... that will be hard, then login as an admin in your forum, and go to the Configuration in yoyr GENERAL ADMIN. Then tell me whats your Domain Name and your Script Path

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast