Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report from ADMINS About MySQL troubles

Default Report from ADMINS About MySQL troubles

Hey all) I see a lot of Questions in this forum about MySQL.
    I'm quoting PM of Nokia:

To: Nemezis
    Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:02

For MySQL pblm, we are working on this. This is mainly caused by some users creating too much connection to MySQL and not ending properly and at times due to abuse by users. Some users upload adult content and post in on many message boards, causing huge request for these images work like ddos causing server slow down.

If we can stop such abusers, server will work fine. I am thinking of creating an open directory of hosted sites. So if any sites are againest TOS, visitors can report it and we can remove them.

At this stage, due to many abuse, we have to be more carefull about spamers. Now we have scripts running on server, check any uploaded site for words like ebay, paypal etc to stop such abuse. Todays abuser just used our site as an entry point, that site have an HTML page that redirect to another web site.
    Wants MySQL work fine? If you see site using Free hosting from Bizhat report (use PM or Email service on Bizhat forum) to me or Nokia. All sites with adult conent and SPAM-sending sites will be deleted. Help to Bizhat! And your site will be work fine!

Good luck!)

Yes, we have to do some thing to STOP abusers. So others don't face any problems.

May be a directory of hosted sites will help. Users can check them and if anyone abuse, there will be a link to report abuse.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    Yes, we have to do some thing to STOP abusers. So others don't face any problems.

May be a directory of hosted sites will help. Users can check them and if anyone abuse, there will be a link to report abuse.
    That's in some way a good idea, and at the same time not. Because forum members will start browsing my site and a lot of bandwidth will go down. I don't want users who just come to see what's my site about, I want them to register in forums and be active....

Thanx for the info... this really help me a lot about sql server going down... I don't know if my site were listed... If my site get listed... do tell me kk :cry:

I am thinking of hosting an adult torrent based downloading centre.

The download will not cause any problem to the mysql.

But if it causes pls do tell me before banning.

i dont think it will cause any problem bcuz i am using invsion intergrated tracker.

Tell how to get, plz, a login and the password to mysql?

read my FAQ

or go to your ACP -> MySQL management and create MySQL DB.

i need MySQL……but,i don't clear very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemezis
    read my FAQ

or go to your ACP -> MySQL management and create MySQL DB.
    Thanks

I also agree we need to stop the abusers. What they are doing is causing my forum a lot of downtime. Most the time it's problems with MySQL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast