Thread: Pazhassi Raja was an unsung hero

Default Pazhassi Raja was an unsung hero

Six of the biggest names in Indian cinema - superstars Mammootty and Sarath Kumar, Gyanpeeth award winner M T Vasudevan Nair, musical legend Ilayaraja, national award winning director T Hariharan and Oscar award winner Resul Pookutty - have come together to recreate the forgotten history of India’s first revolutionary her - Pazhassi Raja Pazhassi Raja, the Lion of Kerala, was the first Indian warrior to raise the flag of rebellion against the British East India Company in 1797, almost 60 years before the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857. Pazhassi Raja, produced by Gokulam Gopalan, is one of the most lavish and elaborate film productions in recent times. It will be released simultaneously in five languages including Hindi and English on October 2. Shot extensively in the forests of Wayanad, the home of Pazhassi Raja’s rebellion, the film involves approximately 1000 actors. Apart from Mammootty and Sarath Kumar, the film also stars Manoj K Jayan, Thilakan, Padmapriya, Kaniha and Jagathi Sreekumar.

“The starcast is apt for a period film as grand as this. Choosing Mammootty for the role of Veera Kerala Verma Pazhassi Raja came naturally to me looking at the personality and talent the stalwart carries with him. In fact, all actors were fixed in my mind beforehand for each and every character. Pazhassi Raja, the film, will not only make Indians aware and proud of a great son of this nation, but encourage them to re-discover similar such lost and unsung heroes,” said director Hariharan. Mammootty described Pazhassi Raja as, “the biggest film I have ever done.”

Default Hi

wats ur aim ??