Thread: cannot connect via ftp

Default cannot connect via ftp

i cannot seem to connect via ftp but i can ping the ftp server

here is the error i get via cuteftp

*** CuteFTP 6.0 - build Dec 23 2004 ***

STATUS:> Resolving host name newfoundlandracing.bizhat.com...
    STATUS:> Host name newfoundlandracing.bizhat.com resolved: ip = 64.92.167.156.
    STATUS:> Connecting to FTP server newfoundlandracing.bizhat.com:21 (ip = 64.92.167.156)...
    ERROR:> The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it.
    1) Verify that the destination server name or IP address is correct
    2) Verify that the connection port number is correct (under Site Settings | Type tab).
    3) The remote server may be temporarily or permanently inaccessible (try again later).
    4) Verify that you have chosen the right protocol (SSH2, SSL, FTP, etc.) and have setup all required options for that protocol.
    5) Verify that the destination IP address and port numbers are correct.
    6) The remote server may be refusing multiple connections from the same client. Try using only one connection thread when connecting to this particular server (Site Settings | Options).
    7) Try pinging the address.
    8) If you are using a router, verify the router is up and running (check by pinging it and then ping an address outside of the router).
    9) Do a traceroute to the destination to verify all routers along the connection path are operational.
    10) Verify that your subnet mask is setup properly.
    11) Verify that your local software or hardware firewall is not blocking outbound connections originating from CuteFTP.
    12) Verify that your anti-virus software is not at fault (try disabling it).

can someone help, i was in the middle of uploading content

No one can connect. Seems like the FTP server is down. Shame as I am launching my new look site in an hour and I was hoping to update my forum to the new look at the same time.

ahhh i see. does this happen much?

Not really it can happen some times, no server can be perfect

Many people have been having these same issues, including me but be patient. They will be fixed. :D

My is not working as well. It's starting to happen quite often now, but only for a couple of hours, so no big deal for me...

Use flashftp its very fast and easy. I am experiencing no errors with this ...
    Download from --> http://downloads.bizhat.com/flashftp.zip

---------------------------------------
    Love - a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding