Thread: Living Room Decorating Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Living Room Decorating Ideas

Furniture Arrangement
    The design and spacing of you living room may call for a certain type of furniture arrangement. If you have a fireplace in your living room, position your sofa and recliner on a wall beside it. Both the items can also be placed several feet directly in front of the fireplace. If your living room is large and spacious, the sofas can be placed facing each other. Take care that your furniture should neither be too large, nor too small, in proportion to the living room. Do not use too many furniture items in the living room.

Wall Décor
    You can cover your walls with beautiful wall hangings to impart character to the living room. In fact, you can make use of your creative abilities and create some homemade wall hangings, which are also non-expensive. Visit your local poster or art shop and pick some aesthetic prints, which you can get framed and use as wall hangings. Framed family photographs can also be hung on the walls. However, do not cover the walls completely, as it will make the room look cumbersome.

Choose Convenient & Classy Furnishings
    Tables with drawers and shelves are required to add convenient storage facilities to the living room. You might want a few things at your quick disposal. You can try a versatile ottoman topped with a tray that will appear like an impromptu cocktail table. If you want to keep it very basic and minimalist, go for a simple desk fitted with shelves, which can be multipurpose.

Cushions & Slip Covers
    Cushions, in bright and matching colors, can be added to your lounge. It will not cost you a lot and at the same time, will give a new, changed look to your chairs. Covers will also help conceal any scratches on your chairs that have appeared over time. The mood of the room can be changed by adding slip covers, once you are done with the cushions. Modern mix and match colors in different textures would look beautiful.

Window Valances
    You can actually bring about a transformation in the look of your living room just by installing window valances on the windows. A window valance is a small-sized decorative curtain and is much shorter when compared to the normal curtains. Window valances look pretty on a bare window, over the existing curtains or the window blinds. They make the windows look larger and are a beautiful addition to the living room.

Keywords: Home decoration, living room decoration, living room furniture, arrange furniture in living room,modern living room decoration, interior design ideas, home color ideas
    Last edited by minisoji; 07-18-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Keywords: Home decoration, living room decoration, living room furniture, arrange furniture in living room,modern living room decoration, interior design ideas, home color ideas
    Last edited by minisoji; 07-18-2011 at 11:13 AM.

how can i set the tv so the light won't reflect in it? i have large windows on 2 sides of the room,..

thank you so much

i really searching for like this posts, thanks once more ;)

Smile i need

i need some sugestion .. for my house

Good work Keep it up

Those looks really nice..