Thread: PHP Help

Default PHP Help

Hey,
    I am having problems trying to run phpbb forums on my site, theshackforums.bizhat.com. I have gotten php activated, so I uploaded all of the files from phpbb 2.0.11. I tried to install it the way it told me to but it still does not execute the install.php. (If you go to the site you will see what I am talking about.)

Help?

Default ..

Anyone?

Default well

well, it seems that you do not have the exact file location...

Find out exactly what are your file locations, then try it, in the mean time, it's not very good to have an intall.php file lying around (someone can actually make the forum for you... :()

Anyway, if you still can't do it, contact this website's administrators. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you!

I've also just notices that you do not have more than 10 posts, that could be the erason also, since this website's rules say you can only enable php when you have reached 10 posts... I don't know for sure, read about it.

That's all from me, Me.

Well, I got it enabled before they changed it to 10 posts. Had it enabled about a week to 2 weeks ago.

I will try some more stuff tommorow I guess.

Thanks for the help.

Default what about file location?

What about the file location mate?

exactly in which directory name have you put it?
    It could be that you have uploaded it in some invalid internet pathways and it has either changed automatically or is there but you can't access it via browser address.

I can help you, because I've set up phpBB forums a few times before and am proficient with webhosting, scripting, designing and all that crap...(lolz)

I can help, just tell me the names, Me.

Default Re: PHP Help

Quote Originally Posted by TheShack.bizhat.com
    Hey,
    I am having problems trying to run phpbb forums on my site, theshackforums.bizhat.com. I have gotten php activated, so I uploaded all of the files from phpbb 2.0.11. I tried to install it the way it told me to but it still does not execute the install.php. (If you go to the site you will see what I am talking about.)

Help?
    as you have to mention the exact location of a php file on the procee of activating php just check these things

tanx ..
    I have to this problem

Default ..

I uploaded the folder phpBB2 directly into the site.

So it would be theshackforums.bizhat.com/phpBB2/
    and so on.

Took the install.php down for now until I get home this evening.