Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moral Stories

Default Nice lesson

Once a boy went to a shop with his mother. The shop keeper looked at the small cute child and showed him a bottle with sweets

And said 'Dear Child..u can take the sweets...

But the child didn't take. The shop keeper was surprised.. Such a small child he is and why is he not taking the sweets from the bottle. Again he said take the sweets....

Now the mother also heard that and said.. Take the sweets dear.. Yet he didn't take... The shopkeeper seeing the child not taking the sweets... He himself took the sweets and gave to the child. The child was happy to get two hands full of sweets.

While returning home the Mother asked the child... Why didn't you take the sweets, when the shop keeper told you to take?..

Can you guess the response: Child replies... Mom! My hands are very small and if I take the sweets I can only take few.. But now you see when uncle gave with his big hands.... How many more sweets I got!

Moral: When we take we may get little but when God gives... HE gives us more beyond our expectations. .. More than what we can hold..!!

Default The Crow And The Pitcher

The Crow And The Pitcher

A thirsty crow once found a pitcher with a little water in it. But when he tired to drink the water, he could not. The pitcher was tall and his beak didn't reach the water.

The cleaver crow thought and hit upon a plan. He went on dropping pebbles into the pitcher. The water rose up to its neck and he quenched his thirst.

MORAL : Will finds the way
    Last edited by minisoji; 02-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Default The Lark In The Corn-Field

The Lark In The Corn-Field

Once a Lark made her nest in a corn-field. Soon she laid eggs in it. After a few days small babies hatched out of them.

One day the baby-larks overheard the farmer say, "I will call my neighbors to reap this field."

The Baby-larks got alarmed to hear this and told their mother about it.

"Don't worry," said the mother.

Some days later, the farmer came again and said, I will call my relatives to reap this field." The baby-larks afraid again.

the farmer and his little son"Fear not," said their mother.

But the next day the farmer came there with his little son and said, "I will reap this field tomorrow."

"Now is the time to go. When a man says he will do the work himself, he will certainly do it," said the mother-lark.

MORAL : Don't fear hollow threats.

Default An Ant & A Grasshopper

An Ant & A Grasshopper

A lazy grasshopper laughed at a little ant as she was always busy gathering food.

"why are you working so hard?" he asked, "come into the sunshine and listen to my merry notes."

"But the ant went on her work. She said" I am lying in a store for the winter. Sunny days won't last for ever."

"Winter is so far away yet, "laughed the grasshopper back.

The ant and grasshopperAnd when the winter came, the ant settled down in her snug house. She had plenty of food to last the whole winter. The grasshopper had nothing to eat so, he went to the ant and begged her for a little corn.

"No", replied the ant, "you laughed at me when I worked. You yourself sang through the summer. So you had better dance the winter away."

MORAL : Idleness is a curse.

That's just sweet. :)

Default The Ailing Deer

The Ailing Deer

A sick stag was lying in a corner, helpless and weak. He was glad he had collected enough grass to last him through his period of illness. But suddenly, to his dismay, he saw that some friends who had come to see him were helping themselves to the food.
    "Please go away," he said. "My illness will not kill me but your greed certainly could."

Moral : Thoughtless friends are more harmful than enemies.

http://health.bizhat.com/

Default Fox in the Cart

Fox in the Cart

A fox observing a fish cart coming, lay down and pretended to be dead.
    The cart man, tempted by the idea of making some money by selling the fox's fur, picked up the animal by its tail and flung it into the back of the cart among the fish.
    Then he resumed his journey. The fox ate his fill of the fish and jumped out of the cart. A wolf saw him jumping out and asked him what he had been doing in it. The fox told him and also how he had got into it in the first place.
    The wolf ran ahead of the cart and lay down in its path, pretending to be dead. The cart man was delighted to find another animal to sell, but he found the animal too heavy to lift. So he pushed it into a sack, tied the sack to his cart and dragged it away.

Moral: What works for one may not work for another.

BizHat.com - Health

Default Opportunities

A young man wished to marry the farmer's beautiful daughter. He went to the farmer to ask his permission.

The farmer looked at him and said, "Son, go stand out in that field. I'm going to release three bulls, one at a time. If you can catch the tail of any one of the three bulls, you can marry my daughter."

The young man stood in the field awaiting the first bull. The barn door opened and out came the biggest, meanest looking bull he had ever seen. He decided that one of the next bulls had to be a better choice than this one, so he ran over to the side and let the bull pass through.

The barn door opened again. Unbelievable. . He had never seen anything so big and fierce in his life. It stood pawing the ground, it eyed him. Whatever the next bull was like, it had to be a better choice than this one he thought. He ran to the fence and let the bull pass through.

The door opened a third time. A smile came across his face. This was the weakest bull he had ever seen. This one was his bull, he said to himself. As the bull came running by, he positioned himself just right and jumped at just the exact moment. He threw his hands to grab..... But alas..... The bull had no tail.

Moral : Life is full of opportunities. Always grab the first one..

"PROGRESS is IMPOSSIBLE without CHANGE, and those who CANNOT CHANGE their MINDS, CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING"

Default The Foolish Donkey

An idol-maker had to deliver an idol to a customer. He placed it on his donkey's back and they started on their journey.

Now the idol-maker was extremely skilled at his job and this particular idol was one of the best he had ever made. Whoever saw it, stopped to bow down and pray.
    The donkey thought they were bowing to him.

He was enormously pleased and flattered and not wishing to go away from a place where he was held in such high esteem, came to an abrupt stop.

Nothing his master did would induce him to start walking again, and finally his master lifted the idol on to own head and resumed his journey.

The donkey stood where he was, head held high, and braying sonorously until he suddenly became aware that there was no one watching him. The people were now following his master and bowing to the idol.

The donkey realised that his pride had clouded his judgement and feeling ashamed of himself, ran to rejoin his master.

Last edited by sherlyk; 07-02-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Default Bell The Cat.

Bell The Cat.

There was a grocery shop in a town. Plenty of mice lived in that grocery shop. Food was in plenty for them. They ate everything and spoiled all the bags. They also wasted the bread, biscuits and fruits of the shop.

The grocer got really worried. So, he thought "I should buy a cat and let it stay at the grocery. Only then I can save my things."

He bought a nice, big fat cat and let him stay there. The cat had a nice time hunting the mice and killing them. The mice could not move freely now. They were afraid that anytime the cat would eat them up.

The mice wanted to do something. They held a meeting and all of them tweeted "We must get rid of the cat. Can someone give a suggestion"?

All the mice sat and brooded. A smart looking mouse stood up and said, "The cat moves softly. That is the problem. If we can tie a bell around her neck, then things will be fine. We can know the movements of the cat".

“Yes, that is answer,” stated all the mice. An old mouse slowly stood up and asked, "Who would tie the bell?" After some moments there was no one there to answer this question.

MORAL : Empty solutions are of no worth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast