Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable confirmation code?

No thank you I am very happy with netfree hosting my site thank you. And it is kinda rude to blatenly post a thread of such in a free hosted forum.

Rude?

I can assure you.....netfreehost won't have a problem with you swapping over to another host.

I'm just trying to help you, that's all. If you don't want to, that's completely your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM

That isn't in ur admin panel?
    SCM,
    This does not keep the bots from entering the forum website. I have checked this box also, and get google bots and MSN bots browsing my forums.

Huntnsinme,
    I think (and this is an educated guess) this is more to do with the netfree host forums. I remember reading (somewhere) in the forums the terms/conditions of netfree that it would populate your forum via google, to help for easier refrencing if searched on google. This is exactly why I had checked the confim via image. I think it is something you can not stop, only if you have a hosted website, and you upload the full unrestricted Phpbb to your site, as I think this then would allow you to do this in the Admin's CP in the forum.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    F2B

Quote Originally Posted by f2b
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM

That isn't in ur admin panel?
    SCM,
    This does not keep the bots from entering the forum website. I have checked this box also, and get google bots and MSN bots browsing my forums.

Huntnsinme,
    I think (and this is an educated guess) this is more to do with the netfree host forums. I remember reading (somewhere) in the forums the terms/conditions of netfree that it would populate your forum via google, to help for easier refrencing if searched on google. This is exactly why I had checked the confim via image. I think it is something you can not stop, only if you have a hosted website, and you upload the full unrestricted Phpbb to your site, as I think this then would allow you to do this in the Admin's CP in the forum.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    F2B
    Thank you I think you are right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12