Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Healthy and Happy !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Live Healthy and Happy !!

Live Healthy and Happy !!

* Not getting enough sleep: Even though you’re not putting anything harmful in your body, not getting enough sleep can be harmful to you.

* Being negative: Get rid of negative thoughts and feelings, and you’ll find that a life filled with feelings of gratitude, optimism and perspective will make you more successful and happy.

* Introduce natural light: Introduce natural light into your home or office to improve your energy level.

* Eat organic: Organic foods actually promote good feng shui and good energy, so make sure your kitchen is stocked with organic vegetables and grains.

* Meditation: Relax your mind and de-stress with these meditation tips.

* Go to the bathroom: It’s important to have regular bowel movements, and holding it in too long can cause an infection. Go when you need to go!

* Add garlic to your diet: Garlic "activates liver enzymes" which clean out your system and help you detox.

* Spend time outside: Taking a walk outside or reading a book in your yard will quickly make you feel more connected to your community and nature.

* Clean out your inbox: Organizing your inbox by deleting old messages and moving important e-mails to separate folders will help you focus and de-clutter your mind.

* Open the windows: Let in some of the natural elements by opening a window…even if it’s raining outside. Breathing in fresh air will calm you down naturally.

* Pick something you enjoy: If you hate yoga, don’t do sign up for a class just because you think it’s the right thing to do. You can detoxify with any kind of exercise, including organized sports or running.

* Exercise at work: Desktop yoga and other simple exercises can be done at work, helping workaholics detox anytime.

* Eat broccoli sprouts: Broccoli sprouts have more "cancer-fighting, enzyme-stimulating" nutrients than regular broccoli.

Default Tips to Help Avoid High Blood Pressure

Tips to Help Avoid High Blood Pressure

We all know that high blood pressure is not a good thing – but what exactly is high blood pressure and how is it caused? The heart is responsible for the essential task of pumping blood into the arteries and blood pressure is the force – or pressure - of blood pushing against the walls of the blood vessels.

High blood pressure symptoms are also caused by factors which are within our control - such as an unhealthy diet, being overweight, or a high alcohol intake. Too much salt in the diet is also a contributing factor – most Americans consume more salt than they need. A lack of exercise can also contribute to it – and as everyone knows, stress is one of the major causes of high blood pressure.

High blood pressure – also known as hypertension - is potentially dangerous, as the heart has to work harder to pump blood. As the heart is overworked, it may eventually lead to heart failure and the hardening of arteries. And high blood pressure can also lead to such things as poor vision and kidney failure.

Blood pressure readings generally have two numbers – which confuse some people. Normal blood pressure is considered to be 120/80, and the numbers are measured in millimeters of mercury, or mmHg.

We all know that high blood pressure is not a good thing – but what exactly is high blood pressure and how is it caused? The heart is responsible for the essential task of pumping blood into the arteries and blood pressure is the force – or pressure - of blood pushing against the walls of the blood vessels.

Get relief, control, and normal blood pressure!

Default Save yourself from a Heart Attack !!!!

Save yourself from a Heart Attack !!!!

How to Survive a Heart Attack when Alone ...

A Piece of Message.

Everyone is to be aware how to survive a Heart Attack when alone:

If everyone who read this, pass it to as many people as you can, I bet you can help save lifes.

Let's say it's 6:15 p.m. and you're driving home (alone of course), after an unusually hard day on the job. You're really tired, upset and frustrated.

Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to radiate out into your arm and up into your jaw. You are only about five miles from the hospital nearest your home; unfortunately you don't know if you'll be able to make it that far. What can you do?

The following may save your life. Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, this article seemed to be in order. Without help, the person whose heart stops beating properly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.

However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. Deep breaths and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.

Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, the heart attack victims can get to a hospital.

Default Anger Prevention Kit...!!!!!

Anger Prevention Kit...!!!!!Control Your Anger

Default ഗാഡനിദ്രയ്ക്ക് 4 ഭക്ഷണങ്ങള്*

ഉറക്കമില്ലായമയെന്ന അവസ്ഥ ശരീരികമായ അസ്വസ്ഥതകളുണ്ടാക്കുന്നതിനൊപ്പം മാനസികമായ ഒട്ടേറെ അസ്വസ്ഥതകള്*ക്കും വഴിവയ്ക്കുന്നുണ്ട്. കൂടുതല്* ഉറങ്ങുന്നത് ആരോഗ്യവും ആയുസ്സും വര്*ധിപ്പിക്കുന്നമെന്ന് ഇതുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട് നടക്കുന്ന ഓരോ പഠനങ്ങളില്* നിന്നും വ്യക്തമാകാറുണ്ട്. അതുകൊണ്ടുതന്നെ ഉറക്കത്തിന്റെ കാര്യത്തില്* അശ്രദ്ധപാടില്ല. മിക്കപ്പോഴും നമ്മള്* കഴിയ്ക്കുന്ന ഭക്ഷണപദാര്*ത്ഥങ്ങളും ജോലിസംബന്ധമായ പ്രശ്്*നങ്ങളും വ്യക്തിപരമായ പ്രശ്*നങ്ങളുമെല്ലാം ഉറക്കംകൊല്ലികളാവാറുണ്ട്. മറ്റു പലകാര്യങ്ങളിലും പൂര്*ണമായും വരുതിയ്ക്കുനിര്*ത്താന്* കഴിയില്ലെങ്കിലും ഭക്ഷണകാര്യത്തിലെങ്കിലും നമുക്ക് ശ്രദ്ധചെലുത്താന്* കഴിയും. ഗാഡനിദ്രയ്ക്കു സഹായിക്കുന്ന ചില ഭക്ഷണപദാര്*ത്ഥങ്ങള്* *സാല്*മണ്** സാല്*മണ്* മത്സ്യത്തില്* അടങ്ങിയിരിക്കുന്ന ആരോഗ്യകരമായ ഒമേഗ 3 വിഭാഗത്തില്* പെടുന്ന ഫാറ്റ് നല്ല ഉറക്കം പ്രദാനം ചെയ്യും. ഉറക്കത്തിന് കാരണമായ മെലാടോണിന്* എന്ന ഹോര്*മ്മോണിന്റെ പ്രവര്*ത്തനത്തെ ത്വരിതപ്പെടുത്താനുള്ള കഴിവ് ഈ ഫാറ്റിനുണ്ട്. *ബീന്*സ്* നമ്മള്* നിത്യേന ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്ന പലതരം ബീന്*സ് വര്*ഗ്ഗങ്ങളും നല്ല ഉറക്കത്തിന് സഹായിക്കുന്നവയാണ്. ബീന്*സില്* വിറ്റാമിനുകളായ ബി, ബി6, ബി 12, എന്നിവ ധാരാളമായി അടങ്ങിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇവ ഫോളിക് ആസിഡുകളുടെ കലവറകൂടിയാണ്. ഇവയെല്ലാം ശരീരത്തെ ഉറക്കത്തിന്റെ സമയത്തെ ക്രമീകരിക്കാന്* സഹായിക്കുന്നവയാണ്. മാത്രമല്ല വിശ്രമാവസ്ഥ, സന്തോഷം എന്നിവ പ്രദാനംചെയ്യുന്ന സെറാടോണിന്* എന്ന ഹോര്*മോണിന്റെ ഉല്*പാദന്ത്തിനും ഇവ സഹായിക്കുന്നുണ്ട്. ഇന്*സോമ്*നിയ അഥവാ നിദ്രാഭംഗം ഉള്ളവര്*ക്ക് വിറ്റമിന്* ബി ഉപകാരപ്രദമാണെന്ന് നേരത്തേ കണ്ടെത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. *കട്ടത്തൈര്* ആര്*ക്കും ഇഷ്ടമുള്ള വസ്തുവാണ് കട്ടത്തൈര്, ഇതും നല്ല ഉറക്കം പ്രദാനം ചെയ്യുന്നത് തന്നെ, എന്നാല്* വളരെ താഴ്ന്ന നിലയില്* കൊഴുപ്പുള്ള തൈര് മാത്രമേ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാവൂ എന്നത് ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുക. കാല്*സ്യം, മഗ്നീഷ്യം എന്നിവയുടെ ഉറവിടമാണ് കട്ടത്തൈര്. ഇവ രണ്ടും ഉറക്കത്തെ സഹായിക്കുന്ന ധാതുകള്*ക്കളുടെ ഉല്*പാദനത്തിന് സഹായിക്കുന്നവയാണ്. ഇത്തരം ധാതുക്കളാണ് അഗാധമായ ഉറക്കത്തിന്റെ ദൈര്*ഘ്യം വര്*ധിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്. ധാതുക്കള്* കുറയുമ്പോള്* മസിലുകള്*ക്ക് ശക്തികുറയുകയും, മാനസിക സമ്മര്*ദ്ദം കൂടാന്* ഇടവരുത്തുകയും നിദ്രാഭംഗം വരുത്തുകയും ചെയ്യും. *സ്പിനാച്ച്* നല്ല പച്ചനിറത്തിലുള്ള ചീര ഇരുമ്പിന്റെ കലവറയാണ്. നമ്മുടെ നാട്ടില്* ഏറെ സുലഭവുമാണിത്. റെസ്റ്റ്*ലെസ് ലെഗ് സിന്*ഡ്രോം എന്ന രോഗം പലരിലും ഉറക്കത്തിന് തടസ്സമുണ്ടാക്കുന്ന ഒന്നാണ്, ഇത് പാരമ്പര്യമായി പകരാവുന്ന രോഗമാണ് പഠനങ്ങളില്* നിന്നും കണ്ടെത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. എന്നാല്* രക്തത്തില്* വേണ്ടത്ര ഇരുമ്പിന്റെ അംശം ഉണ്ടെങ്കില്* ഒരു പരിധിവരെ ഈ പ്രശ്*നം പരിഹരിക്കാന്* കഴിയും.

Default This single- line mantra helps in day-to-day life situations and getting the best out

I was getting really angry. My husband had come home late from office and even after that, he was busy talking on the phone with a friend. Hey, didn’t I deserve some time? The more I listened to him laugh with his friend, the more irritated I got. I had switched off my laptop as he had come, and he wasn’t even interested in being with me! I stood in the balcony, tears flowing from my eyes, watching from the corner of my eye, expecting him to come and comfort me. Something suddenly struck me. There is always a better way. Just a single line. And yet, it just seemed so true, so right and yes, so applicable in my current situation. Surely, there was a better way. I immediately wiped the tears and decided to do something that would make me happy. Switching on the television I started watching a laughter show. Within minutes, I was laughing so hard that my sides were aching. Hearing my merriment, Arun quickly hung up the phone and sat next to me and we laughed together. I was amazed. A single line had got me out of my self-created depressionand given me what I wanted.

The next day, my little seven-year-old students from the school in which I was then teaching had had a gruelling sports session and as they came back into class, huffing, puffing and pink-cheeked they informed me, “Ma’am, today we are too tired. We don’t want to study anymore.” I was teaching them about insects and a particular amount of portion had to be finished that day. I was almost going to say, “Nothing doing, darlings, we need to finish learning about ants and butterflies.”

And I stalled. There is a better way, I told myself. I told them, “Okay. No more studying today. All we will do is go to the school garden.” There was a wild cry of joy from the little ones. I smiled and led them to the garden. That day I taught them the entire week’s portion! For amongst the greenery were ants crawling past and butterflies fluttering by. And I am sure, the children will never forget what they learnt. Perhaps, because they didn’t even realise they were learning!

The very next day, I once again experienced the potency of my simple mantra. I needed to go home from a deserted suburb in Mumbai and it was getting very late. When a rickshaw came by I quickly signalled him to stop. To my disappointment he refused to take me. I was so frustrated that I almost blurted some strong words when something stopped me. There is always a better way. I calmed myself and told the rickshaw driver my plight and how I needed to reach home and didn’t want to wait all alone in the deserted area. To my utmost joy and surprise he asked me to hop in.

Whatever you are doing can be done still better. So keep repeating there is a better way. And you will watch, with wonder, how you suddenly find yourself more proactive than reactive and somehow getting the best out of people and situations. All because you told yourself that there is a better way.

We welcome your comments and suggestions on this article

Wink Work out!

Fresh air, blue sky, verdant greenery and the endless beauty of the horizon — few can resist the attractions of the outdoors, and a growing body of research encourages us to give in to this natural impulse. Besides being a mood elevator, time spent outdoors also does wonders for our physical wellbeing.
    Cooped up in urban dwellings, many of us today are far removed from nature and the wide-open spaces. But it's never too late to reconnect with Nature and rediscover health and vitality — you could begin by gazing at the stars in the night-sky, set out a little picnic in your backyard, walk around your neighbourhood park or even drive along tree-lined avenues.

Green views

At hospitals, surgery patients housed in a room with green views have a shorter stay and require fewer pain medications as compared with those facing a brick wall, says Alok Roy, chairman and managing director of Medica Synergie, the company behind Kolkata's first green hospital — Medica Superspeciality. “Neither does this hospital look, or feel, like one,” says Roy. The walls are brightly painted with cheerful paintings and green landscapes.

Exercising outdoors

“Exercising outdoors is exhilarating. Be it trekking, exercising on the beach, or cycling around the park, there's nothing to beat it. However, one should do a combination of both indoor and outdoor workouts,” says Mrinalini Sekhar, owner of Blue Fitness Centre in Chennai. “When weather conditions are unfavourable, exercising indoors is the only option,” she adds.

Outdoor activities promote deep breathing, which relaxes the muscles and increase the body's oxygen supply; such activity also boosts immunity and promotes restful sleep. Walking is, by far, the most popular form of exercise, especially as you get older. According to fitness expert Santosh Kumar, who owns Figurine Fitness in Bangalore, walking on grass or earth with its natural surface variation gives your legs a better workout compared to treadmills. “Your legs build resistance and you challenge your balance, which tends to deteriorate with age,” he says.
    Just 10 minutes of sun exposure helps your body manufacture vitamin D, which is important in preventing rickets, bone and muscle weakness and pain, and autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. “Known as the ‘sunshine vitamin', it encourages the body's absorption of calcium, necessary for healthy teeth and bones,” says Naini Setelvad, a health and food consultant. Enough reason for you to go out and run around like you're five again. However, only the early morning or late evening sun is good for this, says Kumar, a member of The Australian Council for Physical Fitness and Health Education, who warns that exposure to the sun at other times can have detrimental effects.

Mental freshener

Gardening provides a great workout during summer in addition to the flowers and fresh produce. Contact with natural organisms helps develop a healthy immune system, and even improves mental health. Studies show that bacteria found in soil can trigger the brain to release serotonin, which lifts the spirits. Seema Nair spends her leisure hours looking after bonsais. “My bonsais need a lot of attention, and I feel depressed if I can't give them time, they are like my children,” she says. The Charity Thriva in the UK promotes gardening for people with disabilities in the belief that the activity not only cheers but also aids rehabilitation after injuries or illness.
    Time spent in natural settings amidst quiet, unstructured space is believed to help the mind repair itself, sort out problems and reassess life goals. “Mountain peaks, rolling rivers and radiant sunsets will make you and your problems seem small,” says an emerging group of psychologists known as “ecopsychologists”. “We all need mini-breaks throughout our day, so we can get away from life's burdens. Being outdoors helps promote creativity and stave off burnout. It allows our brains to become restored and helps cope better with job performance.”

Green treasures

City planners have always believed that green spaces and parks not only allow urban-dwellers to enjoy the trees, flowers and open spaces but also help reduce disease, crime and social unrest. The organisation highlights the various benefits of trees such as cooling the environment, producing oxygen, removing carbon dioxide, reducing noise pollution, improving water quality and beautifying the surroundings; moreover, it believes that tree planting is a wonderful way for people of all ages to connect with nature.

Default Healthy life

Health and Fitness has now become one of the major concerns. Earlier humans used to hunt for their living, due to which their body had to undergo a lot of physical exercise. This made life active and alert.

Last edited by sherlyk; 10-28-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast