Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Healthy and Happy !!

Default Problem-Solving Techniques

Problem-Solving Techniques

Would you like a few good problem-solving techniques that will increase your brain power? Do you ever run out of good ideas, or go around in circles trying to come up with a solution for a simple problem? Find one or two of the problem-solving techniques below that you like, and get in the habit of using them.

Using Your Unconscious Mind

Let your unconscious mind do your problem-solving, using one of several techniques. First, try outlining a problem in your mind before going to sleep, and telling your brain to go to work. Einstein had good luck with this technique, sometimes getting the "ah-ha" insight while shaving the next morning. Next, instruct your mind to keep working on the problem while you are doing other things. There is more than we know going on inside our heads. Finally, work on problems when you are in a drowsy state. This can result in more creative solutions.
    Systematic Problem-Solving Techniques

Challenge your assumptions. For example, if you aren't making enough money and you assume you need another job, ask "do I really need a better job?" Maybe you can get a raise, or you can make the job that you already have better. A business on the side might be another option. Don't let your assumptions limit your possible solutions.

Break big problems down into smaller ones. Buying a house is a big move that is really a bunch of small steps. This is true of many problems. Start by addressing all of the components of a problem individually, and it may not seem so overwhelming. This makes it easier to motivate yourself.

Ask three people for their opinions and/or advice. They may have good ideas, but in any case this helps you be sure that you are not overlooking anything obvious.

Write down the problem. Then find another way to express it and write that down. Continue with all the possible solutions and any ideas that come to mind. Write EVERYTHING, then come back to it later to pick the diamonds out of the dirt.

Change your perspective. Pretend you are very rich, very poor, a child, a visitor from another planet. How would you see the problem from this new perspective. Einstein imagined riding on a beam of light to come up with his theory of relativity, so this technique has been known to work.

Default How to recover from homesickness

How to recover from homesickness

You're at a sleepover or someplace away from your parents, and a wave of sadness comes over you. Welcome to the feeling of homesickness. Learn how to recover from homesickness and how to make it stop.

Don't always be thinking of your pets, siblings, parents, or house.
    Bring personal items to the house you are staying at so it isn't like you are a million miles away.
    Have fun!
    Camp can be tough enough. If this is your first time, talk to someone who has been before and have your parents talk to their's.

Make sure you pack enough linens for camp. Not sleeping comfortably makes it tough at night. Make sure if you need linens you pack fitted and flat sheets, regular size pillow(s), pillow cases, mattress pad (so you aren't on top of the noisy plastic one) a light blanket and a regular blanket. Camp sleeping can sometimes get very cold at night.

If you are shy, you can change in the rest room. Make sure you bring night clothes that you can wear around other people and outside should there be a fire drill. You aren't at home so something that has tops and bottoms is more appropriate. You can also bring a robe.

If this is your first trip at camp, see if your parents will let you take a blanket from their bed.

Pay close attention to any packing list provided. This will give you an idea about what things from home you can bring and what is necessary to be comfortable.
    Bring clothes, a book or two and other necessities. Don't bring a lot of toys.

If you get really homesick, ask your parents and your friends' parents if you can be picked up early the next morning (but not too early).
    Just remember, you will see your guardian soon!

Default ഗാഡനിദ്രയ്ക്ക് 4 ഭക്ഷണങ്ങള്*

ഉറക്കമില്ലായമയെന്ന അവസ്ഥ ശരീരികമായ അസ്വസ്ഥതകളുണ്ടാക്കുന്നതിനൊപ്പം മാനസികമായ ഒട്ടേറെ അസ്വസ്ഥതകള്*ക്കും വഴിവയ്ക്കുന്നുണ്ട്. കൂടുതല്* ഉറങ്ങുന്നത് ആരോഗ്യവും ആയുസ്സും വര്*ധിപ്പിക്കുന്നമെന്ന് ഇതുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട് നടക്കുന്ന ഓരോ പഠനങ്ങളില്* നിന്നും വ്യക്തമാകാറുണ്ട്. അതുകൊണ്ടുതന്നെ ഉറക്കത്തിന്റെ കാര്യത്തില്* അശ്രദ്ധപാടില്ല. മിക്കപ്പോഴും നമ്മള്* കഴിയ്ക്കുന്ന ഭക്ഷണപദാര്*ത്ഥങ്ങളും ജോലിസംബന്ധമായ പ്രശ്്*നങ്ങളും വ്യക്തിപരമായ പ്രശ്*നങ്ങളുമെല്ലാം ഉറക്കംകൊല്ലികളാവാറുണ്ട്. മറ്റു പലകാര്യങ്ങളിലും പൂര്*ണമായും വരുതിയ്ക്കുനിര്*ത്താന്* കഴിയില്ലെങ്കിലും ഭക്ഷണകാര്യത്തിലെങ്കിലും നമുക്ക് ശ്രദ്ധചെലുത്താന്* കഴിയും. ഗാഡനിദ്രയ്ക്കു സഹായിക്കുന്ന ചില ഭക്ഷണപദാര്*ത്ഥങ്ങള്* *സാല്*മണ്** സാല്*മണ്* മത്സ്യത്തില്* അടങ്ങിയിരിക്കുന്ന ആരോഗ്യകരമായ ഒമേഗ 3 വിഭാഗത്തില്* പെടുന്ന ഫാറ്റ് നല്ല ഉറക്കം പ്രദാനം ചെയ്യും. ഉറക്കത്തിന് കാരണമായ മെലാടോണിന്* എന്ന ഹോര്*മ്മോണിന്റെ പ്രവര്*ത്തനത്തെ ത്വരിതപ്പെടുത്താനുള്ള കഴിവ് ഈ ഫാറ്റിനുണ്ട്. *ബീന്*സ്* നമ്മള്* നിത്യേന ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്ന പലതരം ബീന്*സ് വര്*ഗ്ഗങ്ങളും നല്ല ഉറക്കത്തിന് സഹായിക്കുന്നവയാണ്. ബീന്*സില്* വിറ്റാമിനുകളായ ബി, ബി6, ബി 12, എന്നിവ ധാരാളമായി അടങ്ങിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇവ ഫോളിക് ആസിഡുകളുടെ കലവറകൂടിയാണ്. ഇവയെല്ലാം ശരീരത്തെ ഉറക്കത്തിന്റെ സമയത്തെ ക്രമീകരിക്കാന്* സഹായിക്കുന്നവയാണ്. മാത്രമല്ല വിശ്രമാവസ്ഥ, സന്തോഷം എന്നിവ പ്രദാനംചെയ്യുന്ന സെറാടോണിന്* എന്ന ഹോര്*മോണിന്റെ ഉല്*പാദന്ത്തിനും ഇവ സഹായിക്കുന്നുണ്ട്. ഇന്*സോമ്*നിയ അഥവാ നിദ്രാഭംഗം ഉള്ളവര്*ക്ക് വിറ്റമിന്* ബി ഉപകാരപ്രദമാണെന്ന് നേരത്തേ കണ്ടെത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. *കട്ടത്തൈര്* ആര്*ക്കും ഇഷ്ടമുള്ള വസ്തുവാണ് കട്ടത്തൈര്, ഇതും നല്ല ഉറക്കം പ്രദാനം ചെയ്യുന്നത് തന്നെ, എന്നാല്* വളരെ താഴ്ന്ന നിലയില്* കൊഴുപ്പുള്ള തൈര് മാത്രമേ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാവൂ എന്നത് ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുക. കാല്*സ്യം, മഗ്നീഷ്യം എന്നിവയുടെ ഉറവിടമാണ് കട്ടത്തൈര്. ഇവ രണ്ടും ഉറക്കത്തെ സഹായിക്കുന്ന ധാതുകള്*ക്കളുടെ ഉല്*പാദനത്തിന് സഹായിക്കുന്നവയാണ്. ഇത്തരം ധാതുക്കളാണ് അഗാധമായ ഉറക്കത്തിന്റെ ദൈര്*ഘ്യം വര്*ധിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്. ധാതുക്കള്* കുറയുമ്പോള്* മസിലുകള്*ക്ക് ശക്തികുറയുകയും, മാനസിക സമ്മര്*ദ്ദം കൂടാന്* ഇടവരുത്തുകയും നിദ്രാഭംഗം വരുത്തുകയും ചെയ്യും. *സ്പിനാച്ച്* നല്ല പച്ചനിറത്തിലുള്ള ചീര ഇരുമ്പിന്റെ കലവറയാണ്. നമ്മുടെ നാട്ടില്* ഏറെ സുലഭവുമാണിത്. റെസ്റ്റ്*ലെസ് ലെഗ് സിന്*ഡ്രോം എന്ന രോഗം പലരിലും ഉറക്കത്തിന് തടസ്സമുണ്ടാക്കുന്ന ഒന്നാണ്, ഇത് പാരമ്പര്യമായി പകരാവുന്ന രോഗമാണ് പഠനങ്ങളില്* നിന്നും കണ്ടെത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. എന്നാല്* രക്തത്തില്* വേണ്ടത്ര ഇരുമ്പിന്റെ അംശം ഉണ്ടെങ്കില്* ഒരു പരിധിവരെ ഈ പ്രശ്*നം പരിഹരിക്കാന്* കഴിയും.

Default This single- line mantra helps in day-to-day life situations and getting the best out

I was getting really angry. My husband had come home late from office and even after that, he was busy talking on the phone with a friend. Hey, didn’t I deserve some time? The more I listened to him laugh with his friend, the more irritated I got. I had switched off my laptop as he had come, and he wasn’t even interested in being with me! I stood in the balcony, tears flowing from my eyes, watching from the corner of my eye, expecting him to come and comfort me. Something suddenly struck me. There is always a better way. Just a single line. And yet, it just seemed so true, so right and yes, so applicable in my current situation. Surely, there was a better way. I immediately wiped the tears and decided to do something that would make me happy. Switching on the television I started watching a laughter show. Within minutes, I was laughing so hard that my sides were aching. Hearing my merriment, Arun quickly hung up the phone and sat next to me and we laughed together. I was amazed. A single line had got me out of my self-created depressionand given me what I wanted.

The next day, my little seven-year-old students from the school in which I was then teaching had had a gruelling sports session and as they came back into class, huffing, puffing and pink-cheeked they informed me, “Ma’am, today we are too tired. We don’t want to study anymore.” I was teaching them about insects and a particular amount of portion had to be finished that day. I was almost going to say, “Nothing doing, darlings, we need to finish learning about ants and butterflies.”

And I stalled. There is a better way, I told myself. I told them, “Okay. No more studying today. All we will do is go to the school garden.” There was a wild cry of joy from the little ones. I smiled and led them to the garden. That day I taught them the entire week’s portion! For amongst the greenery were ants crawling past and butterflies fluttering by. And I am sure, the children will never forget what they learnt. Perhaps, because they didn’t even realise they were learning!

The very next day, I once again experienced the potency of my simple mantra. I needed to go home from a deserted suburb in Mumbai and it was getting very late. When a rickshaw came by I quickly signalled him to stop. To my disappointment he refused to take me. I was so frustrated that I almost blurted some strong words when something stopped me. There is always a better way. I calmed myself and told the rickshaw driver my plight and how I needed to reach home and didn’t want to wait all alone in the deserted area. To my utmost joy and surprise he asked me to hop in.

Whatever you are doing can be done still better. So keep repeating there is a better way. And you will watch, with wonder, how you suddenly find yourself more proactive than reactive and somehow getting the best out of people and situations. All because you told yourself that there is a better way.

We welcome your comments and suggestions on this article

Wink Work out!

Fresh air, blue sky, verdant greenery and the endless beauty of the horizon — few can resist the attractions of the outdoors, and a growing body of research encourages us to give in to this natural impulse. Besides being a mood elevator, time spent outdoors also does wonders for our physical wellbeing.
    Cooped up in urban dwellings, many of us today are far removed from nature and the wide-open spaces. But it's never too late to reconnect with Nature and rediscover health and vitality — you could begin by gazing at the stars in the night-sky, set out a little picnic in your backyard, walk around your neighbourhood park or even drive along tree-lined avenues.

Green views

At hospitals, surgery patients housed in a room with green views have a shorter stay and require fewer pain medications as compared with those facing a brick wall, says Alok Roy, chairman and managing director of Medica Synergie, the company behind Kolkata's first green hospital — Medica Superspeciality. “Neither does this hospital look, or feel, like one,” says Roy. The walls are brightly painted with cheerful paintings and green landscapes.

Exercising outdoors

“Exercising outdoors is exhilarating. Be it trekking, exercising on the beach, or cycling around the park, there's nothing to beat it. However, one should do a combination of both indoor and outdoor workouts,” says Mrinalini Sekhar, owner of Blue Fitness Centre in Chennai. “When weather conditions are unfavourable, exercising indoors is the only option,” she adds.

Outdoor activities promote deep breathing, which relaxes the muscles and increase the body's oxygen supply; such activity also boosts immunity and promotes restful sleep. Walking is, by far, the most popular form of exercise, especially as you get older. According to fitness expert Santosh Kumar, who owns Figurine Fitness in Bangalore, walking on grass or earth with its natural surface variation gives your legs a better workout compared to treadmills. “Your legs build resistance and you challenge your balance, which tends to deteriorate with age,” he says.
    Just 10 minutes of sun exposure helps your body manufacture vitamin D, which is important in preventing rickets, bone and muscle weakness and pain, and autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. “Known as the ‘sunshine vitamin', it encourages the body's absorption of calcium, necessary for healthy teeth and bones,” says Naini Setelvad, a health and food consultant. Enough reason for you to go out and run around like you're five again. However, only the early morning or late evening sun is good for this, says Kumar, a member of The Australian Council for Physical Fitness and Health Education, who warns that exposure to the sun at other times can have detrimental effects.

Mental freshener

Gardening provides a great workout during summer in addition to the flowers and fresh produce. Contact with natural organisms helps develop a healthy immune system, and even improves mental health. Studies show that bacteria found in soil can trigger the brain to release serotonin, which lifts the spirits. Seema Nair spends her leisure hours looking after bonsais. “My bonsais need a lot of attention, and I feel depressed if I can't give them time, they are like my children,” she says. The Charity Thriva in the UK promotes gardening for people with disabilities in the belief that the activity not only cheers but also aids rehabilitation after injuries or illness.
    Time spent in natural settings amidst quiet, unstructured space is believed to help the mind repair itself, sort out problems and reassess life goals. “Mountain peaks, rolling rivers and radiant sunsets will make you and your problems seem small,” says an emerging group of psychologists known as “ecopsychologists”. “We all need mini-breaks throughout our day, so we can get away from life's burdens. Being outdoors helps promote creativity and stave off burnout. It allows our brains to become restored and helps cope better with job performance.”

Green treasures

City planners have always believed that green spaces and parks not only allow urban-dwellers to enjoy the trees, flowers and open spaces but also help reduce disease, crime and social unrest. The organisation highlights the various benefits of trees such as cooling the environment, producing oxygen, removing carbon dioxide, reducing noise pollution, improving water quality and beautifying the surroundings; moreover, it believes that tree planting is a wonderful way for people of all ages to connect with nature.

Default Healthy life

Health and Fitness has now become one of the major concerns. Earlier humans used to hunt for their living, due to which their body had to undergo a lot of physical exercise. This made life active and alert.

Last edited by sherlyk; 10-28-2010 at 03:47 PM.

awesome thoughts great
    thanks for your nice post.

thanks for suggestions.

Last edited by sherlyk; 11-17-2011 at 03:06 PM.

thank You for shard na kup

I find this thread very useful I want also add here some good tips which will be really helpful to keep you healthy.
    Don't smoke
    Manage stress
    Eat a healthy diet
    Treat your skin gently
    Protect yourself from the sun.

Last edited by Crosby; 08-05-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12