Teutons are like race cars.

They get off to extremely fast starts.
They are difficult to keep up with but eventually they will run out of steam.

Gauls are like big luxury cars.

smooth drive comfy ride and all the luxury of trapping Teutons and laughing at them when they get zero resources.

Romans are freight trains.

They are difficult to get started.
You don't need aggressive Teutons in your 7x7 to have a slow start.
Roman will always start slow double build notwithstanding.

What I am trying to say is if you are willing to wait for good troops and a very strong army, play Roman. The feeling you get when 10 of your Imps wipe out 50 or more of Clubswingers is addicting.

It is very difficult to get an Imp factory going.

Romans will have trouble finding a good 15c, iron fields and oases to get the Imps pumping. But if a Roman starts up an Imp factory, only one other factory in Travian world can stand up to it and that is a Prat factory.

I am not saying Romans are easy, but power has to be earned, it is not handed out for free.

If a teuton army hits me, i will time my counter attack right to hit them back just when they arrive their home. I have never seen a teuton come back with another army to me when I do that to them. I dont think even you will come back (unless you are not serious about the account and is playing just to annoy people)

But a smart Roman will start getting stronger and stronger and eventually all the momentum is like a run away freight train. There are videos of trains hitting trucks and cars on youtube. Results are very messy.