I received an SMS to my mobile phone this morning stating that I had won the sum of 750,000.00 pounds in the BBC Lotery UK. I was then advised to contact an email address to claim my prize. I am not even in the UK so I don't even know how they obtained my mobile phone details.

I deleted the message. Simply put, if you did NOT purchase a ticket in the first place then it is a scam.

I have been asked to give the address and the phone number. The Diplomat MIKE JOHN is coming from UK to India on 30 Jan 2013 to handover me a sum of 5 crore 65 lakhs Rupees. If he can come to India, let he handover the price money at my doorstep and collect the INR 7500 from me.

Details of the e-mail

BBC LIVE UK <[email protected]> Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Congratulations once again on behalf of the BBC AWARD LOTTERY. We do believe that your winnings price will be put into good use for community, educational and business development and we would like you to know that we kick against terrorism and such money will not be used for any form or support of terrorism. On Behalf of the Screening Committee of BBC AWARD Lottery Board, I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the Mobile Screening and Verification Matching Test conducted for all on-line winners in your Category. Hence you are therefore cleared, your winning price has been approved for delivery in your name and you can now claim your Winning Price.

Having considered all possible measures to convey your cash prize, we resolve to use a special delivery courier company under Diplomatic Umbrella. We have made all necessary arrangement to convey your winning prize direct to your doorstep. Your name, phone number and address has been Received. Let it be known to you that all taxes has been paid by BBC AWARD LOTTERY DEPARTMENT, Therefore, you will only be required to pay for the Clearing charges which is7,500 INR into the account which will be send to you by the diplomat for the clearing of your consignment from the custom duties in India your Country.

The diplomat will personally present to you all the relevant documents to guide you against any India government queries. You are advice to make the required 25,000INR available to the diplomat arriving India immediately he instructs you to do so, before you receive your prize of (?750,000.00 Pounds, your local currency is 5crore 65lakhs Rupees) From the BBC Award Lottery promotion to enable him clear your prize from the custom. Please you must keep secret of your winning until it arrive your door step for security reasons. The delivery of your prize is currently on the way to your country, as it is passing through the British Security Screening. We realize recently that such procedures have been adopted on your consignment leaving UK for Asia.
DIPLOMAT MIKE JOHN WILL ARRIVE INDIA ON THE 30th of January, 2013.

Visit Our Web Site: www.bbc.co.uk/lottery/

Yours Sincerely,
Claims Manager
DR TOM WILSON
Tel: +447010070391