Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phpbb or IPB ??

Default phpbb or IPB ??

phpbb or IPB ?? What do you think ?

I prefer phpbb because it's free and it's open source :D

I prefer PHPBB. It is the best message board I have ever seen on the internet. Most free boards are complete garbage (especially the ones that are hosted for you) but I have never had a problem with PHPBB. I have never tried the other one you're asking about, but since it costs money I'd pick PHPBB.

Hope I helped.

In my opinion, I would prefer to use phpBB. I have tried Invision, along with phpBB, and Invision just didn't suit me. It came with all these features, most of which I would never use throughout the lifetime of my site. However, phpBB starts with certain settings, with hundreds of hacks and upgrades available to the public that you can install, based on needs.

phpbb. IPB is advanced with nice functions. But phpbb seems better. More skins, nicer interfaceand more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by DotHack
    In my opinion, I would prefer to use phpBB. I have tried Invision, along with phpBB, and Invision just didn't suit me. It came with all these features, most of which I would never use throughout the lifetime of my site. However, phpBB starts with certain settings, with hundreds of hacks and upgrades available to the public that you can install, based on needs.
    I could write my name under this. I had the same experience. phpBB is the best forum on the net -> it is nice looking, simple, with lot of functions. If you have 56k modem it would open quicker the ipb.

So i think phpBB is the best forum, but the best portal is in my opinion e107

IPB have more cool skins than phpBB, but I'm agree with you all IPB is not free.

Using IPB, you may have risk that it'll not free in the future.

I Think You Better Use phpBB with mods and it will be great :)

I will also recommend u to use phpbb, not only that it is free.
    but it is also very easy to set up.
    it's explanation is just very clear. all u need to do, is follow the step of the install.php
    hat off phpbb

ipb because it is easy and fast to install (im not sure about phpbb because ive never installed it before) and i just like the design more than phpbb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast