Despite the verbal battle between Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan and Shiv Sena activists coming to an end, Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar is taking no chances ahead of the release of his film My Name is Khan and has met Mumbai Police Commissioner D Sivanandan.

Johar has sought police security ahead of the film's release, and told media that he has received assurances of full protection and that the film will be released on schedule.

The representatives of the film's distributor, FOX Searchlight, are also meeting the top Mumbai cop along with multiplex owners.

Earlier, there were reports that posters of Bollywood flick My Name is Khan were being destroyed in Mumbai.

The entire team of the flick My Name is Khan is worried that theaters in Mumbai are not selling tickets and there are no advance bookings.

Earlier, the Shiv Sena was upset with Shahrukh's statements that Pakistani cricketers should be allowed to play in the next season of the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Shiv Sena activists had warned theater owners in Mumbai not to screen Shahrukh''s upcoming flick releasing on February 12.