Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i've already posted this before but...

Default i've already posted this before but...

..the admin likes my posts so much,he/she keeps removing them..even though they're not spam..so here goes...

i've recently signed up with bizhost on the illusion that it supported php..it all sounded too good to be true..and i was skeptical and i thought there should be a catch..unfortunately i was right.
    requesting that people have to use the forum and post atleast 20 'non spam' mesages to have php is outrageous,for several reasons..
    i've recently signed up with bizhost on the illusion that it supported php..it all sounded too good to be true..and i was skeptical and i thought there should be a catch..unfortunately i was right.
    requesting that people have to use the forum and post atleast 20 'non spam' mesages to have php is outrageous,for several reasons..

first,it's quite a hassle to post the url for each and every script one has to use.second people should have free will to post or not to post in a forum not because they will expect to get something in return,ofcourse you will get some sort of spam or atleast meaningless posts just for upgrading.it's totally bizarre and fails the whole purpose of a forum; people communicating to share experiences and help one another.instead people will just want to comment pointlessly to increase their 'quota'.i had an account with portland.co.uk,it's a free host,unfortunately they don't have php,though they have a forum they don't require you to post in it for additional services.however almost everybody who signs with them uses it,not necessarily to post but to read and get help.many do share with posts,personally i had more than 40 posts there not because i had to but because i was trying to help and get help and share even funny life experiences ..which is the whole point of a forum.
    last and most importnatly; it should have clearly mentioned in the signup page the limitations and requirements to have full service,but you just failed to do that,you just said free php but nothing more..this is very misleading.

to all the people who signed up with bizhost,though i doubt my message will be posted,however if you do read this before the adminstrator removes/deletes it...look elsewhere,i know i will..it won't be long before they require you to additonal requirements,like who knows maybe 100 posts or atleast 30 posts per month to keep your subdomain up and running,if that's their policy they'll probably exploit you further.

so anyways,i'm back to my hunt for a decent free php host,even with a small banner ,it's far better then those bizarre forum posting requirements,good luck everybody!

ultravisuals, if you don't like it here, no one is making you stay. There are many people who are perfectly content with Bizhat's services and appreciate what they have. Personally, I don't think it's too demanding at all for the administrator to ask for participation in the community in return for such great hosting. There are so many boards here, there's bound to be something for everyone. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm sorry that things aren't working out for you, ultravisuals. Good luck with wherever your travels take you!

And while I'm here, could someone help me out with my problem: http://forums.bizhat.com/ftopic7777.html

Peace out.

Default it's about honesty

listen ffs whatsit,and i'm sure you had a great time being enslaved and increasing your posting quota by replying to this

as a host they are free to set their policy,no one can argue with that but they should clearly state prior to signing up what they require for their so called 'free' services.

i'll give you an example,here's a very similar host to bizhat,they demand the same things :
    EDIT-Link removed

what they do is before you even signup they make you register to the forum and make it clear you'll have to meet certain posting requirements to fully access their services,that's honesty

here's the signup page of bizhat : http://www.domainstobuy.com
    absolutely nothing is mentioned.

my friend and i are trying to start an online business and before we invest into anything we just wanted a 'free' host to test things.
    i signup with them,send him an email with the uploading details etc and he gets all excited and spends all night fiddling with his php trying so hard to make it work,thinking it was a problem from his end.

they wasted his time and effort simply because they chose not to mention everything before letting people signup.

as a host they are free to set their rules,they might demand to have naked pics of chicks sent to them perhaps,it's their right but they should clearly state that,then i'd know before signing up and then it's my choice to accept that rule or not.

what they're doing is recruiting people first then telling them later what they want ..it's decieving[/i]

ultravisuals no one is making u stay here.

If your not interested in Bizhat.com

PM to the admin to delete your account.

If you look more carefully at the signup page of Bizhat.com
    you will see that php has been given as an hyperlink.

When you click on the link you will be moved to the page in forums showing the cond. for requesting for php.

well,it's not clear torrens,is it?it should have clearly said it beside it..you'll notice all sites that require posting do that,but anyways,i've already exceeded 20 posts and yeah they're not spam..and they don't want to upgrade my php..go figure

Default Re: i've already posted this before but...

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisuals
    ...who knows maybe 100 posts or atleast 30 posts per month to keep your subdomain up and running,if that's their policy they'll probably exploit you further.
    Exploit? You don't even have to sign up on the forums to get a free host...... Do you just want something for nothing? You want the guy who has probably worked off his ass just to set up this service, even letting people ADVERTISE their own services off the site allowing themselves to gain income...

I doubt bizhat would deny you of php rights in the way you described. Maybe they have something against you. Now that their admins hate you, why not make a new account, make 20 posts of the description that the admins tell you, and then apply for php?

You can't really complain about free services :roll: if its free, then its up to the provider to make the rules. If they keep making more rules, then people would leave. The growing number of registered users makes me doubt that they are "exploiting" anyone.

And about 20 posts i have seen of yours have all been complaining that you havn't been upgraded for a php account :roll:

utnsclan..obviously you haven't read my original thread fully or you're just taking the opportunity to kiss arses
    my original complaint is not about wot they ask for,it' about not mentioning clearly at the signup page wot you're obliged to do to get additional service,because of that i had a friend spending all night trying to make php work;all the time thinking he was doing something wrong.
    so i'll say it again,it's nothing about policy everyone has the right to set their policy ,but they must inform the people prior to signing up,is that too much to ask??..and no,clicking on a link to find out is not enough,it should clearly say that on the main page,there are dozens of similar hosts that provide exact service,requiring forum participation,they all make sure you know that before they get you to the registration page..
    you don't think that's constructive criticism? and no i don't need to put it in a list cause it's that simple tell them people wot they're expected to do before signing up.
    and you haven't read all my posts either,they're not all complaints..i've helped out some people in the computer forum and even started a new thread in the general discussion..so simply you don't know wot you're talking about

read my post again and don't take opportunities to kiss arse.

p.s and your site sucks,who puts a 3mb video on the front page,don't you know anything about web designing?

I know enough for what i need to do? Omg lets use Fireworks and Dreamweaver, or... i could do things i enjoy, not put up something "AMAZING" and still put up a website which suits its purpose. I'm sorry my website didn't meet your "standards"...? Wait...no i'm not? I don't care. It wasn't designed for you to like it. I use it, for me, for what i want to do. Do you have any idea about different people's thoughts, ideas, social apects?

I'm not "kissing arse", i can't even understand what your saying in your posts, a tip would be to separate words after you use a comma, and from what i can understand, if you didn't find what you expected here, why are you still here? Are you waiting for something? Waiting for them to give a big apology and give you everything you want? Look at the number of registered users they have, they have no time to deal with individual little shits like you or me, they are providing a service that makes the majority happy.

This is the first real complaint thread i have actually seen in these forums. Don't you find that a bit suspitious? If they had offered something, and then nobody got it, then it would be full of complaints. But there are none. I really don't want to have to read your reply again because at a glance it dosn't mean anything to me, and i'm not wasteing my time trying to help someone who isn't giving a shit.

Um...i think thats all i had to say.... Not sure i left half way inbetween writing this reply, sorry. Anways good luck in finding your new host :thefinger:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast