Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • C++

3 60.00%
  • vBASIC

2 40.00%

Thread: C++ vs. vBASIC

Default C++ vs. vBASIC

Which programming language is more flexible?

Default Re: C++ vs. vBASIC

Quote Originally Posted by bootleggers
    Which programming language is more flexible?
    :) that depends ... for example if you want to make a device driver you will 100% use C++, but if you want to make a nice GUI very fast you will choose Visual Basic. If you are a beginer in the programming area , what will you use? C++ (hard to learn syntax) or VB(easy to learn syntax)? :)
    You can't compare the two languages in a general aspect.
    That was my opinion ...

As it was stated, it depends what you are trying to create. One example is that, if I wanted to create a simple Windows Application for various business uses, I would most likely use VBASIC. However, if I wanted to design a video game, or a program that requires graphics or hard-coding, I would have to go with C++. As it was stated before, you cannot compare them so generally... it depends what you are trying to do... :?

VBasic is much more 'user frandy' but that has so bad sites. C++ is much more flexible and you can do much more things that in VBsic, but you also need more knowledge and times. We could compare this to programs with Dreamweaver (VBasic) and writing sorce code in Notebad (C++). In Dreamweaver (if we look just grafic and not sorce window) you don't need a lot of knowledge to create your own website, but if you want to do something special you will have to use source code.

So me vote goes to C++