Thread: 7 Amazing Benefits of COFFEE !

Default 7 Amazing Benefits of COFFEE !

Drinking coffee has a number of surprising health benefits.
    Not convinced? Read on...

1. Coffee is the #1 source of antioxidants in the American diet

While fruits and veggies are still the richest sources of antioxidants, it turns out that for Americans, coffee is the main
    basis of antioxidant consumption (according to the Institute of Coffee Studies at Vanderbilt University).
    Black tea and bananas came in second and third place, respectively. Surprisingly,
    both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee provide similar amounts of antioxidants.

2. Coffee increases your metabolism

Studies also show that coffee is very beneficial in terms of weight loss. It is a common misconception that coffee is an
    appetite suppressant, however, your morning cup can significantly speed up metabolism by about 10 percent.
    The National Research Council on Diet and Health found that metabolic rates will be highest during the first
    three hours following consumption. Just make sure to skip the added sugars, syrups,
    and whipped toppings found in many store-bought coffee drinks.

3. Coffee can improve short-term memory

According to studies published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, caffeine is a cognitive stimulant
    that actually boosts brain functioning. Furthermore, coffee reduces levels of beta amyloid,
    a protein in the brain that is responsible for Alzheimer’s disease.

4. Coffee lowers the rates of some cancers

According to WebMD, coffee drinkers are 50 percent less likely to get liver cancer. By drinking 2 cups per day,
    you’re also slashing your risk of getting colon cancer by 25 percent. Some studies have also
    found ties to lower rates of breast and skin cancers as well.

5. Coffee can reduce risk for Type 2 diabetes

WebMD also asserts that coffee contains chemicals that lower blood sugar, making heavy coffee drinkers half
    as likely to get diabetes as light to non-coffee drinkers. 1-3 cups per day can reduce the risk for diabetes
    by single digits, but people who drink 6 cups or more per day can slash their chances by up to 54 percent.

6. Coffee is actually good for your teeth

We all know that one of the biggest cons of drinking coffee is a stained smile, but the beverage can also have a positive
    effect on teeth. According to a 2009 article published in the Wall Street Journal, people who drink coffee are
    less likely to have cavities. Roasted coffee beans have antibacterial effects against microorganisms
    like Streptococcus, which play a hand in causing tooth decay.

7. Coffee can help prevent/stop headaches

Have you ever wondered why caffeine is one of the main ingredients in migraine medication like Excedrin Migraine?
    WebMD explains that blood vessels increase in size during a migraine-- caffeine works to decrease the size
    of blood vessels before they can affect nerves in the brain. So, drinking coffee in the early
    stages of a headache can help minimize the severity later on.

351 East Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA Los Angele

There have been lots of arguments flying around in the controversy between the benefits of green tea and Heart Smart Coffee. The uninformed may believe there are no health benefits to coffee; yet coffee has many of the same health benefits as green tea, and more besides. Many people drink coffee only, and many drink both coffee and tea, but for the latter, one is not a substitute for the other. Once aHeart Smart Coffee drinker, there simply is no substitute for the feel or taste of coffee on the tongue. So, past information has caused health-seeking coffee drinkers some angst about switching.

Blood pressure.
    Results from long-term studies are showing that coffee may not increase the risk for high blood pressure over time, as previously thought. Study findings for other cardiovascular effects are a mixed bag.
    Cancer. Coffee might have anti-cancer properties. Last year, researchers found that coffee drinkers were 50% less likely to get liver cancer than nondrinkers. A few studies have found ties to lower rates of colon, breast, and rectal cancers.
    Cholesterol. Two substances in coffee — kahweol and cafestol — raise cholesterol levels. Paper filters capture these substances, but that doesn’t help the many people who now drink non-filtered coffee drinks, such as lattes. Researchers have also found a link between cholesterol increases and decaffeinated coffee, possibly because of the type of bean used to make certain decaffeinated coffees.
    Diabetes. Heavy coffee drinkers may be half as likely to get diabetes as light drinkers or nondrinkers. Coffee may contain chemicals that lower blood sugar. A coffee habit may also increase your resting metabolism rate, which could help keep diabetes at bay.
    Parkinson’s disease. Coffee seems to protect men, but not women, against Parkinson’s disease. One possible explanation for the sex difference may be that estrogen and caffeine need the same enzymes to be metabolized, and estrogen captures those enzymes.

Healthy Coffee

Hi Ramesh,
    It helps in losing weight,
    It prevents from type II diabetes,
    It is used to treat cancer,
    It reduces the risk of liver disease,
    It decrease depression,
    It is great antioxidant,
    It is used to treat asthma,
    It is great anti bacterial and anti adhesive,
    It is a diuretic so it promotes digestion.
    San Antonio Weight Loss
    Last edited by Halex; 08-13-2011 at 02:40 AM.

YEs i am agree that coffee is really good for health in some cases because of it's anti-inflammatory nutrient values .But still i wanna share something that excessive use of anything can be worse for our health ...

I am such a big fan of coffee. And though this benefits can sound so good to you, there actually are a lot of negative effects it can also bring to the table. I have been depending on coffee for a big part of my life and now, I can see some manifestations from it. There is some measure of not being able to keep up with being sleepy without coffee. I mean, before I can simply take an all nighter without coffee but now, I would need my regular caffeine fix to accompany me through the night.

Coffee has many health benefits unknown to many people. Like wine, being a regular coffee drinker (2-4 cups a day) has its share of health benefits. Although scientists are still experimenting some of the health benefits one can reap from drinking coffee, there were already many studies conducted that have proven the benefits of coffee.

Some of the benefits one can get from drinking coffee regularly include: -
    1. Boost Mood
    2. Headache Relief
    3. Keep You Awake and Alert
    4. High Level of Antioxidants
    5. Prevent Dental Cavities