Thread: graphic card or RAM

Default graphic card or RAM

whats most important for games? sorry but im a pc n00b kinda :P

i guess both are.. but i'd go for ram first! what's your computer specs?

well as an advise.. if u have 128 Mb card
    u need AT LEAST 256 RAMs

always double ,, if u have 1 GB card ,, put 2 GB RAM
    i had 128 Card and 128 RD-Ram
    the RD-Ram r soo goooooooood , but i had to make them 384 Ram

BeCoz My PC Games Didnt Work Thank Good

I think 128 for graphic card and 512 for memory is good enough for normal game. If you want more buy 256 for graphic card and 1 Gb for memory even better.

well.. i have a barton 3.0 with 512ram and gf4 ti4400 128ram

it runs every new game i wish to play! no problem at all, i know my graphic card is quite old, but it does the job! :)

Yes, usually a graphics card is the best way to go if you have 256 megs of ram or more... I don't know why a previous poster said you need double the amount of the memory on the card...it has no realtion nowadays. It's old thinking because nowadays the pci and agp slots are so fast. :)
    Jon

i do think,also , that u need both a good graphic card and RAM.

for if u kinda a hardcore player, then u must have both. as i supposed u'll like to see gud pictures,etc...

and with more RAM, ur game wanna be slow. which is a good thing 8)

it would depend on your current specs of your compuer :)

because its hard to tell if you need more ram or a better graphics card ... for all we know you could have 2gb of ram and we might recommend you get ram ... and that would be a waste :P

but both are pretty important for gaming :)

Default Re: graphic card or RAM

tsk tsk tsk... that's not what he really asked...

Quote Originally Posted by implsion
    whats most important for games? sorry but im a pc n00b kinda :P
    it doesn't matter what your computer specs are, but what matters is the system requirements for the game. If it is a high-yield game (ie LOTS of polygons and intense amounts of hardware acceleration) then you'll need a combination of V-RAM and DDR-RAM (or DRAM depending, you never know. =/ ). for instance most high yield games WANT at least 128 MB of V-RAM and at least 512 MB of DDR-RAM.

Now you'd think "why don't I get a 512 MB videocard?". You don't need to and can't. They Don't exist. And there is no system that that could properly use THAT much V-RAM. infact, most games can work off 128 MB of V-RAM with no problem. You need to make sure you have sufficient DDR-RAM in order to run your applications and OS, while setting aside enough to properly run the game. And then there is of course sheer proccessing power.it is the one thing that you cannot easily upgrade, and can sometimes be the deciding factor to game performance. the older the CPU, the less likely it's will be able to run newer games.

To make things short, what makes a game run like UT2k4 for instance, is high processing power, medium high RAM and V-RAM. these words are a terrible simplification, but it's the easiest way to think of it as.

Just remember, check the box for what it's recommended system requirements are. try to meet these requirements or exceed them; it'll make the game run that much smoother.