Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phpBB

Default phpBB

I have some experience using phpBB ... i can install it and edit some of the styles ... but i got more of a complicated matter ... and before heading off to the phpbb forums ... which can take ages before someone posts ... i thought i might ask it over here :)

Basically when someone registers to my future phpBB forum, i want some of the fields removed (thats something i can do) ... but i want to add some extra fields ... apparently my friend who has a bit more knowledge of phpbb than me says i need to edit the database or something???? add tables or something like that.

Has anyone here had any experience with adding fields to the phpbb registration form??? and could tell me how it is done ... thanks :)

Well, you basically have to edit some of the PHP pages, mainly the Viewprofile and the Registration ones, and then once you've added the right fields in which you need to add you would also have to add these tables in your mysql database so they can be accessed by your forums. I know this sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo, but I hope I'm helping. Now, I've never programmed in PHP for a long time so I can't really help you there, but I suggest getting a mod before you go that far. There are a lot of nice Registration Form mods out there which lets you edit all that through the admin panel instead of coding.

ok thanks for that :) ... ill look for that registration form mods ... that would be heaps better than creating tables etc :) ... thanks for that :)

No problem. If you have problems finding it, message me.

visited phpbb.com and went through the mod requests forum ... and found a link to it ... thanks heaps :)

Default Mods

PhpBB Has Tons Of Mods![/i]

Default PHPBB

I download and install PHPBB, How I can edit it's heading part. If any body with same experience pls let me which file I should edit.

Thanks in adavance.

Default Please help i am want to disable the Profile Information

Hi I am using phpbb in the my web site. I want to disable the form fields in the Profile Information section. Fields like

ICQ Number:
    AIM Address: etc

Please help me. Urgent

niloshima :(

how to install rank images.

PM me ppl , anyone who needs help...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast