At last, Silambarasan is all smiles as Anushka has agreed to be a part of his next film. It is the Tamil remake of Vedam from Telugu.

And the icing on the cake for the actor is that there will be a song shot on them which is not there in the original.

A visibly elated Simbu told: “Yes, I am very happy. I loved Vedam and thought that the subject will work big time in Tamil. I have about 20 days work in this film and then I will be off to London for Poda Podi shoot”.

Remember that Silambarasan is a huge fan of Anushka and has confessed in all his interviews that she is his favourite actress! Anushka who had done the original, was initially not excited about doing the Tamil version. But sources close to the actress say that she gave the green signal after making sure that Krish the director who directed the original will direct the Tamil version.

Now Simbu will do the role of cable Raju made memorable by Allu Arjun and Manoj (son of Mohan Babu) will play the same character he did in the original . Hunt is on for a girl to play Simbu’s heroine while Santhanam may play his side kick. Jithen Ramesh and VTV Ganesh will produce the film which will start rolling from July 10 in Chennai.