Thread: Pet Care Tips

Default Pet Care Tips

Once you have adopted a pet you need to take full care of it. Such care is very essential for pet's well being and your own peace of mind.

* Pet's diet is very important. It should contain all the necessary ingredients required by the pet. Some pets such as cats are carnivorous and hence they require some animal-source ingredients, such as meat, poultry, or fish, in their diets.

* Keep aside some time every day for your pet. Your pet requires your attention and affection and this is very essential for between you and the pet.

* Supervise the new pet diligently through undivided individual attention

* and training, and restrict the pet's access to a limited area of the house

* until training is complete.

* A pet is an animal. It has to be trained for the desired behavior. Training requires constant and persistent effort on your part.
    * Promote good sanitation behavior in pets. Keep the area where they litter clean.

* Get your pet vaccinated against the deadly diseases. Also regularly get it examined by a veterinarian to ensure his good health.

* Never punish a pet if it indulges in bad behavior. This may lead to fear biting or aggression. Instead, correct bad behavior by providing positive alternatives such as scratching post for sofa in case of cat.

* It is advisable to have the pet spayed or neutered. It helps in control of unwanted off springs and minimizes the risk of behavioral and health problems associated with sexually intact animals.

* If in an emergency situation you have to give first aid to the pet take care to protect yourself. A sick or injured animal is often in a frightened state and may attack you. Cats can be handled with gloves or wrapped in a blanket; a dog can be muzzled.

* Pets can get poisoned. Poisoning maybe due to snake bite, a poisonous plant, pesticides, fertilizers, acids, paints etc. In case of poisoning - Keep the pet warm and quiet; Determine what the poison was, when it was ingested and the amount swallowed; Take the pet immediately to a veterinarian.

* Keep dangerous objects like pins, needles, blades, fish-hooks etc out of the reach of the pets.

* Be well aware of your pet's normal behavior, so that you can recognize what's not normal.

Default Pet Grooming Tips

Well Pet grooming sometime become a bit tedious task,when we don't have proper knowledge how to handle the pet or how to grooming pets.here i am disclosing some of tips which gonna help you lot:-

Trimming of Nails:-Pet's nails should be regularly trimmed and especially of cats as they have a scratching habit. When trimming the nails, be careful not to cut them too short and cause bleeding. Cut the nails until you see a dark circle appearing in the center of the nail.

Brushing:-Before bathing ,the pets need to be brushed out to make sure there are no knots in the furnishings. Knots are big problem in cats and dogs. Brush the beard, legs and underskirt to make sure there are no knots using the Pin Brush.

Bathing:-Cats need to be bathed not more than once a month. While bathing make sure that the temperature of the water is not too hot. Be careful not to get water and shampoo in the ears, eyes and mouth when bathing the pet.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Last edited by minisoji; 09-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Default Good stuff..

This posts are very intersting and mind blowing,.. I am looking forward to see some more this kind of stuffs... thanks for posting ..

thanks about the tips

I love pets very much. It's the best friend when I'm lonely

I love my pitbull mix! I mix a little of wet food with dry.

i was loving my pets but not much now.

People who cant feel dogs love, aint know what true love is...

Well... dogs are not just dogs nor pet... they are family... they are the ones excited to see you when you came home from work...

Default Mosquitoes bite my pets...

Pets are just adorable and inseparable part of my life. With 2 cats and 2 dogs, I live a happy and lovable life. And taking care of these pets is not easy. Especially when there are no specific products designed to prevent mosquitoes from biting pets.My pets run in open and sleep mostly out in the porch in cool days and in summers in the living room. But both the times they faced mosquito bites as a problem. Only after a few research, I found natural ingredient mosquito repellent which is safe for dogs and cats online - http://www.goodknight.in/ So if you are facing the same issue than you too must try this!