Thread: What is php?

Default What is php?

I don't know what it is but I have seen it on lots of sites. I was wondering what is it? What does it do and add to websites?

Default Re: What is php?

Quote Originally Posted by horrorasylum
    I don't know what it is but I have seen it on lots of sites. I was wondering what is it? What does it do and add to websites?
    I've seen some of your questions on this board. Ask yourself what you want to achieve with your website. If you want to use a bulletin board, use the preinstalled one at www.netfreehost.com (also part of bizhat).

-Bert-

PHP is a server side scripting language.

In PHP you can write programs that run on web server. PHP is like C programming, so if you know programming in C, you can study PHP in few hours.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia

In PHP you can write programs that run on web server. PHP is like C programming, so if you know programming in C, you can study PHP in few hours.
    whoa! you're comparing PHP with C?
    PHP can be taken in few hours and do interactive form processing with it.
    But C? based on my experience... well...yes you can in a few hours may understand a bit of C programming, and yes you can compile a simple "Hello, world!" program. But it would require about a month to understand the whole set of keywords and header libraries. And it would take another month to create and learn making another program. However it will surely take a year before you can actually make a useful program and that will many will thank you.

In programming dedication and gratitude mostly made you go own. And getting the trust from your users takes a lot of time, which in turn shapes you and on your programming skill (in time).

Based on my experience, I had made a lot of small programs for my own use before I could actually create programs that are useful to others too. I'm not saying that im already successfull, Infact I still have a lot to learn.

to conclude: PHP is a great programming language to create interactive webpages.
    C is a great programming language that had proven itself in many years. So don't take C very easy, it's pretty powerful, and easy to learn, but pretty hard to master :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia

Yes, yes visit http://www.php.net for more info.

Does anyone know at good tutorial where I can learn something about PHP..?

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by server01.bizhat.com
    Does anyone know at good tutorial where I can learn something about PHP..?

Thanx
    Bye a book or ebook on ebay.com