Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard disk drive formating

Default Hard disk drive formating

i! I am new to this computer talk. I would like to know about hard disk formating.

I had finished formating of my C: drive , before formating the the capacity was 9.3gb, after formating the size was reduced to 1.65gb. What are the causes for this? How to solve this problem?

anyone help in this regard
    thanks in advance
    sgs

Did you format your drive in Fat32 or Ntfs?

is everything still there?

I would have the same question as "tmcg", it seem like your harddrive was formatted by using NTFS, so the best practice is you should delete the partition then reformat it. (Use Win 2000 or XP) :idea:

i had the same issue once. and it was because i formatted in ntfs.. just have to reformat if fat32 like above post says :)

Visit me at Veera's

Use parted the GNU's partition and filesystem manager.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still having problem with my system. I will do formating with the suggestions. I am using ME whether this is Ok or can I go for some other os version.

thanks
    sgs

I think you want NTFS partition, not Fat32. Fat32 limits your drive size to around 4 Gigs, whereas NTFS allows for far greater disk sizes.

Also, if you can get Windows 2000, I recommend that more than Windows ME. In my experience as a Network Admin, Windows ME is very buggy, crashes almost as much as Windows 98, and is not compatible with many software formats. Windows 2000 is much more stable, much more compatible with modern software releases, has more driver support, and I feel is a better all-around OS.

Visit me at Veera's

Are you kidding? FAT32 supports 2TB (2000 GB) of data. You better update yourself.

dear TMCG,
    Thanks for your suggestions
    sgs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast