PATIALA: India's middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh Monday questioned his omission from the Indian Test cricket squad for the two-match series against Australia.

"Selection is not in my hands. I played two games in Sri Lanka recently. I scored a 100 in the first one and a 50 in the second. If that is not good enough, I have nothing to say," he told media persons on the sidelines of the J.P. Atray memorial tournament being played here.

"Of course, it is disappointing but disappointments have become part of my life. One feels bad about such things. In the last two years, I have had a lot of injuries and struggled. It's out of my hands."

The body language of the southpaw clearly indicated that he was quite upset with the decision of the selectors.

The first Test match between India and Australia is to be played at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) stadium at Mohali Oct 1-5. The PCA stadium is Yuvraj’s home ground.

Young Saurashtra strokemaker Cheteshwar Pujara comes in place of Yuvraj.

Pujara, the 22-year old from Rajkot, has been a prolific scorer in the domestic competition and has been waiting in the wings for the last couple of years to get a national call-up.

In 49 matches, Pujara has scored 3,925 runs at an average of 60.38 with 14 centuries and 13 half centuries. Pujara first came to the limelight during the 2006 under-19 World Cup where he emerged as the top scorer.

Pujara told reporters at Mohali Monday that he was expecting a call.

"It is a dream come true for me. I was expecting a call in the Test side. I have done well in recent domestic and international matches," Pujara said.

Yuvraj, whose omission from the squad has been more or less due to his poor form, will lead a Rest of India team in the Irani Trophy game against Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai Oct 1-5 at Jaipur.

"We don't have to give any particular reason (for dropping Yuvraj). I think, performance and fitness, everything is taken into account. That itself answers the question," said K. Srikkanth, chairman of the selection committee when asked in Chennai the reason behind Yuvraj's axing.

Yuvraj missed the second Test against Sri Lanka in July due to fever and failed to make the squad for the third Test after his replacement Suresh Raina smashed a century on debut.