Thread: Free domain name?

Default Free domain name?

Does anyone know where i can get a free domain name? I mean not something like a free domain with a paid web hosting. JUST free domain name. I`d like .com .org or .net

I think it costs 15 dollars to get one. Sorry. :(

there are some .info free domain... try search the forummm I 4got about it

what about .tk?
    It's free :) The only problem is that you get a pop-up each time you visit your website...

.tk is good, i got one atm... Im not sure you can get free domain names. you would be better off buying one and redirecting it to your free hosting?

www.now.nu you can also get a forwarding domain

Default afraid.org

Dear flamer46,

I hope you may interest this. Sub-Domain is absolutely free there with many cool names.

URL = http://www.afraid.org

I agree that site, and it's a nice one like bizhat.com.

Here's some Q&A from that service web. so you can know about them before you go.

Q. What's this service let me do?
    A. We're offering 2 different services really, We can host your domain's DNS AND we also provide a service that lets you register hostnames from domains that we're hosting already, even if you don't have a domain you are welcome to signup for your free account and create up to 5 subdomains off of the domains others have contributed and point these hosts anywhere on the Internet.

Q. How does it work? What do I get out of this?
    A. I originally started this site because I wanted to make a fast, free, simple and reliable place where users could trade vanity DNS hostnames, thus I have contributed my personal domains for free public use (afraid.org / strangled.net / mooo.com / chickenkiller.com). Users who own domains may also contribute to the list of available domains, in exchange for contributing, the user gets free redundant off-site DNS hosting, a raised limit to the number of hosts they may freely use, and live full feature update access to their domain the second they click the submit button. For users that want to host their site off their dial-up connection or cable modem or equivalent, a special fetchable URL to auto-update the network address in FreeDNS is available in the 'Dynamic DNS' section. For users who already have a website and want to point a FreeDNS host to their existing website, a new URL redirecting (Web Forward) service has been put into place.

Q. Users? Am I a user?
    A. You are if you sign up :).

Q. How fast is Afraid.org?
    A. Afraid.org primary server is a 2U rackmount 2.8 GHz Hyperthreaded server with 1 GB of RAM, and a fault tolerant mirrored RAID array. There are also 2 alternate servers in place for redundancy.

Q. How much is it?
    A. Free.

Q. I have my own domain, can you host the DNS for it too?
    A. Sure! There is no charge for this service, and the process is now completely automated.

If you interest it? Signup below! :)
    http://freedns.afraid.org/signup

you wont get a free .com .net .org domain name. though they are cheap.

yah, It's very impossible to get a free domain, I know cause I've tried... hehehe but some domains are cheap ^_^