Reigning actress Padmapriya has all reasons to be extremely happy! She recently bagged a special jury mention at the National Awards, besides the second best actress award at the Kerala State Film Awards and a handful of other awards for her roles in Pazhassi Raja, Kutty Sranku and Pokkisham. Though the awards and accolades came her way, the actress is peeved with the State Awards committee!

In an interview given to a national newspaper, Padmapriya said, "I just cannot fathom the criteria and the eligibility for awards as there is an ocean of difference between the State and National Awards. I'm not sad because the National Awards slipped out of my hands as I got a special jury mention, which is good enough. But what hurts me is that there is so much difference in the criteria and yardstick between these two awards."

The criterion for giving an award is that the actor should have used his or her own voice for the character he/ she portrays on the screen. This is an international norm for all award committees. But the Kerala State Award for best actress has been given to Shwetha Menon for Paleri Manickam, in which somebody else dubbed for her, Padmapriya explained, adding that she has nothing against Shwetha Menon.

"I received only the second best actress award for my performance in Pazhassi Raja, where I have dubbed in my own voice. If the character you play on screen has to have life, you should dub in your own voice," she opined.