BANGALORE: Australia must have landed in India with the sole intention of snatching the No 1 Test ranking but those dreams seem to have faded away after they suffered a defeat in the first Test at Mohali.

A second defeat would mean that Australia will slip one slot down to fifth in the ICC Test ranking while India will retain the top spot. However this time, the Australians are determined to make up for their disappointment.

Aussie batsman Mike Hussey believes that his side holds the advantage but only if they display the same intensity they showed in Mohali. “Every Test match is big. Yes, it is the last Test before the Ashes.

But we are not thinking about it at this stage. We are 0-1 down in the series against India in India. We have to win this Test and level the series. We couldn’t get a good look at the pitch. We will have a look at it tomorrow to get a better idea,” Hussey said.

The half-strength Aussies, in the absence of Simon Katich, Tim Paine, Shane Watson, and their key bowlers all recovering from the fatigue, ironed out their edges at the KSCA nets for nearly three hours ahead of the big bash. Hussey admitted that their fast bowlers are recovering.

“We had an optional nets session today. Probably half the team came out. The boys are in good spirits. Some of the guys, particularly the fast bowlers, are trying to recover after a tough match in Mohali,” he felt.

Injured pacer Doug Bollinger is likely to play with the scanning report revealing that he suffered a very minor abdominal strain. Hussey is hopeful that Bollinger will recover in time to take the field.

“A big knock is just around the corner. I feel good about my game. I got some good starts but couldn’t go on with it, but I know if I stick to my basics, a big score is just around the corner. I am determined to do well in the next match,” he said.

On playing India at home, he said, “They have got some seasoned professionals in their batting order. They have been around for a long time. They know how to handle pressure. and even in their attack, Harbhajan has played lot of Test cricket, Zaheer Khan has got lot of experience.

“They know the conditions well and how to use it to their advantage.”