Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mozilla

Default mozilla

can anyone tell me why my site looks fine on I.E and netscape...
    but mozilla firefox throws everything out of sinc...is there a piece of code to correct this.....and if so ....where can i get it
    thanks a million

educated gobshite

Damn five topics, you're pretty keen to find out huh.

I would like to know as well, i have my page centred and it works fine with explorer, but i prefer the firefox browser and it's just plain wrong.
    Also i have a css script for different scrollbar colours and it doesn't work.
    can anyone help out.

cheers

Not meaning to be critical but validating your code may be a good idea as firefox can be very particular about proper tag/end tag pairs that some browsers will forgive.....i put it through the validator at

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...om/index.html/

and the first thing that stuck out was missing TD TR and TBODY tag endings.....this could quite easily be throwing the rest of your design out of place in firefox (even if its not directly responsible sorting stuff like this out can make it much easier to eliminate possible problems).

If your using firefox and don't already have it - i recommend getting the developer bar extension it can be pretty valuable for this sorta thing.

nexus.

Default a good solution

a good solution is:

don't use firefox

It's a matter of how the web browsers render based on the html code.

IE is the "standard" but does not render html, css, xml as defined by the standards correctly in several area's, this is due to MS not doing anything with IE for a long time.

Firefox is the new netscape which support the current web standards.

Have inconsistencies is normal in web development due to the way browsers render differently. I would make sure any site looks good in IE (90% market share)and Firefox (8% market share and growing).

nice sidemenu

Default Re: a good solution

Quote Originally Posted by jerredesigns.bizhat.com
    a good solution is:

don't use firefox
    There you go, welcome to the "Don't Like Firefox Much" club!!!

Btw, the site looks great in IE 6 with 1024 x 768 resolution. Just to let you know that your "S I D E M E N U" was disabled by my browser (Maxthon) cauz it considered it as an floating annoying advertisement!

Firefox is very good browser, cheep too :) (3).
    Tip: When You are creating new page You should using FF for preview, then it will work in FF and other browsers. Trie using Firefox for a change. You'll learn to like it.

It is because they don't use the same DOM (Domain Object Model).
    You have to check which browser your site visitor is using and send him the appropriate html code.
    Give your Web site a tune-up! Find broken links, spot bad HTML code, check browser compatibility, find slow-loading pages, and check your spelling.
    Go to http://www.netmechanic.com/cobrands/zd_dev/

Default From my experience..

I've found that some editors (i.e. Dreamweaver) place a bit of code at the top of a new page. Removing this from every page on your site may help. The code usually looks something like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

I spent days trying to get everything to work on my site in firefox to finally stumble across this solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast