Thread: Feedback requested on site

Default Feedback requested on site

Hi friends,

I just finished uploading my personal website to bizhat. Everything was smooth. :D I sincerely request all of you (if you have some time to spare ) to have a look at my site and give valuable feedback and suggestions. Site url is http://wayfarer.bizhat.com

It show cases my pictorial travelogues from countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, Belgium, etc. It also offers rich contents of jokes, inspiring quotes and stories, program source codes, reference articles, puzzles, cool SMSs and a variety of fun and trivia items and links to interesting sites. You can download tools and utilities I developed besides some good old games and applications.

Thanks and Regards,
    Wayfarer

Well, at the first glance, I have to say that your site looks very nice and professional, well done!

But, there are some imperfections in page layout:

- your front page is optimized for resolution of 800 x 600, and the most people (about 70%) use 1024x768. Wouldn't it be better if you used relative units for table width, for example table width="95%" , instead table width="775" ? In that case, it would be more complecated to put those graphics in the header and footer of the page, but it could be done.

- you didn't specified background color in the "BODY" tag of the front page, so browsers aply system's default window color for the background color of that page. That means it doesn't look like exactly the same for all people who visit it - some see white borders on the both sides of the main content, but some see some other colors that are set in their display properties (for their window color).

- you could apply CSS styles for scrollbar in the main page, especially becauese you did it for all other pages.

Those are all very small imperfections, but since you've done such a good job, you might want to consider to rectify them.

Best regards,
    Polaris

That was a helpful feedback... It made me realize that I shouldn't have overlooked on such things... Thanks a lot Polaris!

Am expecting more feedback from others... especially the newbies who want to have some posts against their names to get more bandwidth and space.. :) this is the chance ... remember posts with some detailed content only will be counted for this :D