1 4.17%
  • AntiVir Antivirus

0 0%
  • OTHERS ... PLZ SPECIFY THE NAME IN THE REPLY

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QUEST FOR THE BEST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE

Quote Originally Posted by dctalkfreaks
    MSFT Spyware is awesome, Firefox helps as well, but Norton Systemworks compliments those best IMO
    I wouldn't recomand Norton products.

I have a good resan for that, I personaly used it, on 3 different computers, and all 3 computers had major problems after 2 months of useing it. I had to reinstall the OS because I couldn't work wit the computers anymore. I heared that Norton isn't good so I did some tests ---> I installed Norton on 2 computers and on the 3rd on I used Spybot S&D + TrendMicro Housecall. The results were that that 2 computers with Norton got messed up and the 3rd on was in perfect condition.

I recomand you don't use Norton, it messes up with your registry to much, and it takes to much computer power when it runs.

I agree Norton is to heavy for your system and makes changes you don't want! A friend of mine always had trouble with his Videocard (ATI) end his soundcard (Audigy2).

Quote Originally Posted by HPD.
    Quote Originally Posted by dctalkfreaks
    MSFT Spyware is awesome, Firefox helps as well, but Norton Systemworks compliments those best IMO
    I wouldn't recomand Norton products.

I have a good resan for that, I personaly used it, on 3 different computers, and all 3 computers had major problems after 2 months of useing it. I had to reinstall the OS because I couldn't work wit the computers anymore. I heared that Norton isn't good so I did some tests ---> I installed Norton on 2 computers and on the 3rd on I used Spybot S&D + TrendMicro Housecall. The results were that that 2 computers with Norton got messed up and the 3rd on was in perfect condition.

I recomand you don't use Norton, it messes up with your registry to much, and it takes to much computer power when it runs.
    I had to do the same thing with mine (reinstall the OS), and at the time I was using Norton Antivirus. I haven't encountered a single problem since downloading McAfee antivirus, except I can't register because it opens a window in which there is no way possible in scrolling down when you open it. It automatically registers if you have it on AOL however or download it online, but mine just got screwed up ever since I stopped using AOL and downloaded Windows SP2.

Default Best Anti-virus

Well I don't use any anti-virus software because I know how to keep my computer clean... I scan once in a while with Lavasoft's Ad-aware Pro SE

Ive always use McAfee (is that how you spell it?) AV and Firewall. Ive tried norton......Didn't screw up my computer, but the viruses did! As it turned out, I had to crash my harddrive. I have SP2 and i can register fine and do all that fancy stuff with McAfee and have never had a problem :lol:

would i have to buy McAfee to make it worth while?

Mcafee is not good the trogans &spy war inter my pc without watching from Mcafee,when I tri to uninstall ,It was proplem,so I delet its files fome programs files
    Now I use norton 2005 It seems good

I dont like any them most of all NAV anc MCAFee dere are too bad and runs to slow if you have fast PC after installin NAV ur PC will shitted and wont work fast enough

I like F-Secure it is da best i ever tested it is cost less ram and works fine but some dumbasses cant disinfect viruses. it can disinfect but it isnt easy .... so you all better use F-secure

nod32 all the way! My computer never seems to lag behind :D

NORTON IS THE BEST I LOVE IT MODE OF WORKING AND ENVIRONMENT

UR POLL WATCHER...
    ADHI...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast