Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot - Search & Destroy (Freeware)

Default Spybot - Search & Destroy (Freeware)

Download Spybot - Search & Destroy:

http://spybot.dalnet.com.fr/spybotsd13.exe

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too :)

This one is good and very popular, but is not a catch-all for all the malware out there.

Might have a look at these :

Spyware Removal
    Hijack This
    Spybot
    AdAware
    BHODemon

Spyware Prevention
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard

Misc Tools
    StartupList
    DOS Delete

Google for URLs or...

If you need more help for any malware problems or need to have a Hijack This log read, try a good forum at geekstogo.com for malware removal :

Malware Removal...Read This First

You may find me there often helping people with their PC problems.

Ron

i use ad-aware, it's really good.

i use

spybot
    and ad-aware pro

thanks for the info.. spybot seems good.. i also use ad-aware good too :)

Default spybot - S & D (Addition Info)

If you use Spybot in the Advance mode, you will have a lot of neat tools to use. I like File Shredder the most. I just drag and drop into its window from my Temporary Internet Files folder or any other folder I want to make sure files are deleted.

If you want, you can even allow Spybot to set your host files for I.E. I mean it will lock it down and keep it from being changed. You can also rename your title window for IE. Check out the Advance features in the Advance Mode.

If you use some of these options from Spyboy - S & D, you will not be able to access the Tools, Internet options window from within the browser itself. You will have to go to Control Panel and select the Internet options to get it to come up.

Ron 8)

Default HEY

IT IS GOOD BUT IT DOES'T DETECT SPYWARE AND ADWARE IN DEEP.WHEN I SCANNED WITH IT MY PC WAS HAVING 2 ADWARE AND WHEN I SCANNED WITH SPYWARE DOCTORE THERE WAS 3 ADWARE 5 SPYWARE INDIVDUALLY ALL DIFFERENT SO BETTER USE SPYWARE DOCTOR..THIS IS MY OPINION .

IF IT IS WRON SORRY FOR POSTING

adhiraj_2005 :

No one program can catch all the malware that has been put out there on the Internet. It is why you have to scan with so many different programs to be sure that you have a better chance of finding malware on your PC.

I use several online scanning programs, plus I have several scanning programs installed on my PC.

It is a sorry state of affairs that there are so many vile and malicious people that want to mess your PC up out there in this world. Even the teenager that wrote the Sasser worm is not going to see any jail time! Too bad!!!!

Just scan with as many programs as you can and hope you find all the malware. For help in fighting malware, you can visit the Malware Removal Section at Malware Removal

Ron

How about Spybot S&D 1.4 instead of 1.3.

http://users.belgacom.net/bn657515/spybotsd14.exe

(4.80MB)

thanks for the info dude
    spybot seems good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast