KOCHI: Actor Captain Raju would henceforth desist from acting in any movie which has Thilakan as a co-actor.

Announcing this here on Tuesday, he said he was forced to take the decision after Thilakan made derogatory references to him at a recent pooja ceremony of a movie directed by Vinayan. “I have, on many occasions, observed restraint and ignored comments made by Thilakan, but I cannot take it anymore. So, I decided to return the advance paid by Mr. Vinayan and would dissociate myself from the movie. Another young actor (Sudheer) also has decided not to act with Thilakan since he has the habit of speaking ill of co-actors, including newcomers,” Raju said at Ernakulam Press Club.

He said Thilakan could not ever break the collective of Malayalam cinema, which is held in high esteem by filmmakers and viewers from other States. “He must learn to behave and speak better and has to stop pretending to be the godfather of the Malayalam film industry that has seen so many iconic actors. I cannot work with a person who insults me and questions my individuality,” Raju said.