Thread: Jomol filing a case against her father

Default Jomol filing a case against her father

Close on the heels of National Award w i n n i n g M a l aya l a m actress Meera Jasmine suing her family for appropriating her earnings, another Malayalam actress, Jomol has followed suit filing a case against her father for swindling her earnings.

Jomol on Monday accused her father of having swindled her income from films and said she had moved a court in Kozhikode seeking restoration of her earnings.

“I have filed a case against my father, K.A. John in the Kunnamangalam court here praying that my earnings now in his possession be returned to me immediately,” she told reporters.

Alleging that her father, earlier employed in the now defunct Gwalior Rayons at Mavoor near here, was in possession of a huge sum to the tune of Rs 80-90 lakh that came her way as remuneration for acting since ’97, Jomol said her family was solely dependent on her income after her father lost his job.

Jomol quit acting soon after her marriage two years ago to Chandrasekahr, an engineer in Mumbai. She converted to Hinduism and assumed the name Gowri after her marriage. The couple has a 10-month-old child.

Checkout malayalam actress Photo gallery
    Last edited by Vahaa11; 11-03-2010 at 09:01 AM.